CELEBRATIONS OLD STYLE

FOUND THIS OLD PICTURE SORTING OUT THE LOFT

PRETTY SURE ITS TAKEN AFTER BEATING BURNLEY 5-O IN FA CUP 6TH ROUND 1983

LOVE THE PLAYERS CELEBRATING WITH A BOTTLE OF MILK AND A CUP OF TEA !!!!

ONLY ONE I CAN''T NAME WITHOUT CHEATING IS THE GUY HOLDING THE CUP OF TEA

CAN ANYONE NAME THE WHOLE TEAM ?

NO CHEATING

post-25041-0-79399600-1337517180_thumb.j

Guest Fedor

Mr Madden holding a cup of tea.

it does look like him, but I am pretty sure Madden was a Wilkinson signing. This was Charltons team if it was after beating Burnley 5-0. Maybe someone like DJM can clear it up.

Guest Fedor

From left to right

back

Bob Bolder, Megson, Mel Sterland, Kevin Taylor, Pat Heard, Mills ?, Andy McCulloch

front

Peter Shirtliffe, Mark Smith, Ian Bailey, John Pearson

forefront

Gary Shelton

Me thinks !

Good shout , wasnt it David Mills was a big star from Middlesboro

Guest Fedor

If this is the starting 11 and Pearson was sub. Then why no Gary Bannister , I know he scored in the first game so maybe he was injured and Mills who was a striker replaced him.

Ian Bailey is holding the cup of tea - Pat Heard is sat on the floor in front of him about to take his boot off. We used to call him Pat Turd - he nearly scored a blinding goal against Brighton in the semi - keeper made a blinding save also........the rest OwlsMan1961 is right.

and yeah - where is Bannister!!!

I used to have one of those tracksuits - I used to think I was the dogs - plus my middle name is John and my surname is Pearson - no relation though!!!

is that David Mills? I'm pretty sure he had wispy blond hair, and looked nothing like the person in that picture. I thought it might be Trevor Matthewson, but not sure. I am sure it's not David Mills though.

Not very good at this are you lol

It is definately David Mills to the left of Andy McCulloch as we look at it, and Ian Bailey is holding the cup of tea.

I can recite all these players as if it were yesterday but another poster has already correctly stated them all. The only one mind.

He must be as old as me.

I think Trevor Matthewson may have left us by then? Just? Got his autograph at Middlewood training ground in '81/82

Absolutely loved this era.

UTO

pp.s.

Also where is Ante Mirocevic?

Must have been injured also, he scored in the Semi.

Can't believe Wolfman thought Mills had wispy hair :tango: Had a proper Keegan perm, blondeish one though.

Also love how "Fkinell, come on Mel!" is loving it and looking at Megson, who btw looks a bit too serious and like the ginger haired one out of The Human League.