The Dave Jones Way

Just a quick thread to show the type of player that catches Dave Jones eye.

At Wolves, he signed

Nathan Blake, Colin Cameron, Mark Kennedy, Alex Rae and Shaun Newton, Kenny Miller, Dean Sturridge, Cedric Roussell

At Cardiff, he signed

Kelvin Etuhu, Jason Koumas, Willo Flood, Robbie Fowler, Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank, Trevor Sinclair, Peter Whittingham

Guest Hudders Owl87

I can see us signing Peter Whittingham.

He's got to be bored of playing at Cardiff and losing every season in play-offs.

Yeah I get bored when Im contracted to 20k a week for the next 2 years!!!

Get a grip. Way out of our range.

Always had a dangerous squad at Cardiff and were always in the play offs or around their to say their was no real money available.

Look at them this season... they wanted an improvement on play offs from last season and they were 6th a lot worse off than when Jones was there and Mackay has had more money to spend with them Malaysian owners.

Very excited for next season.

Re the Batth deal.

Another fact that could swing the deal our way would be Batth, being a Wolves fan witnessing Dave Jones gain promotion with Wolves at the expense of our neighbours, just a thought.

DJ gathered a very good group of attacking footballers to achieve his aim of premiership football for Cardiff. He came very close in the last 5 years. Hes brought that philosophy here, and has allowed Megsons squad to play football expansively and on the floor. His philosophy of football is first class, and what Wednesday fans want to see. Let DJ have time to build the squad he wants over the summer. The core is there, it now about building on the sucesses of this L1 campaign and consolidation for next year. For the first time since leaving the Premiership, we are at the start of something really special IMO

Just a quick thread to show the type of player that catches Dave Jones eye.

At Wolves, he signed

Nathan Blake, Colin Cameron, Mark Kennedy, Alex Rae and Shaun Newton, Kenny Miller, Dean Sturridge, Cedric Roussell

At Cardiff, he signed

Kelvin Etuhu, Jason Koumas, Willo Flood, Robbie Fowler, Jimmy Floyd Hassailbank, Trevor Sinclair, Peter Whittingham

Cameron Jerome ??

Guest UKBob

Why do people keep saying players are out of our range. With the new financial rules we will have more money to spend on wages than just about everyone in the division. Also, most clubs in the Championship have huge debts and do not have a proven manager and ambitious chairman who are most likely going to take them places so are not as attractive a proposition as us.

We are not the same club that was scratching round for cheap players on low wages. Milan wants us in the PL and he is not stupid, he realises this will come at a price. If he is serious he will have to pay it.

Koumas was a great player 3 years ago but I fear his best days may well be long gone.

milan will invest this summer and in january, he might stay on until the season after the one coming up but after that i see him selling up to some sugar daddy, i read somewhere he was talking to american investors the other day.

milan will invest this summer and in january, he might stay on until the season after the one coming up but after that i see him selling up to some sugar daddy, i read somewhere he was talking to american investors the other day.

Milan has always been upfront with his intentions. He is a businessman wanting a profit. To achieve a maximum return he has to invest and get the club to the highest possible league position before obtaining his objective. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes within 2 seasons, he is very intent in attaining the potential locked within the asset that is Sheffield Wednesday. We are in for a very interesting and exciting time.

Milan has always been upfront with his intentions. He is a businessman wanting a profit. To achieve a maximum return he has to invest and get the club to the highest possible league position before obtaining his objective. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes within 2 seasons, he is very intent in attaining the potential locked within the asset that is Sheffield Wednesday. We are in for a very interesting and exciting time.

oh hell yeah! very exciting times ahead.