Roger Wylde tonight

was having a chat down pitchside Ht and Roger Wylde came on the pitch at dressed in a suit as sharp as a razor -long cuffs looked like a flipping rock star or Jason King with out the tash

Brilliant to see him a hero of the 70s

and shutty I remember his goal at old trafford before I think it was HW sold him bought him for leeds i think :biggrin:

was having a chat down pitchside Ht and Roger Wylde came on the pitch at dressed in a suit as sharp as a razor -long cuffs looked like a flipping rock star or Jason King with out the tash

Brilliant to see him a hero of the 70s

and shutty I remember his goal at old trafford before I think it was HW sold him bought him for leeds i think :biggrin:

We once played against Carl Shutt's sunday league team, it was one of the Handsworth teams, not sure if it was Old Crown or something like that, we were top of the league and played them off the park for the most part, but lost 4-0. Shutt scored all four for them, he had 4 chance's and stuck them all away. If someone had filmed the game, but edited out the goals, you wouldn't have known he was destined for better things, I know it sounds strange but other than the goals, he had a quiet game, he came alive on the chance's, but good luck to him, he had a talent for putting the ball in the net, and he certainly did that against us.

He signed for Wednesday within weeks of playing against us.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Rememeber watching Wednesday spring a surprise win away at Wolves 2-1, "The Roger" scored both goals, I remember him going down on his knees in front of a packed Wednesday following, he was one of my first hero's.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.