Charlton

Guest Charltonwantstobeowl

Semedo turned down your contract offer - how is that letting him go?!

You're clearly one of the knobhead fans that a sensible Charlton chap mentioned earlier in this thread - you talk utter sh*te, thankfully not all Charlton fans are like yourself.

Its very simple we offered him less money than he was on (last contract was when we were in the champ and had just been relegated from prem) he said no I want more... so we let him go...

simples.. (feel free to PM me if you need further clarity)

Guest Charltonwantstobeowl

Details

Hamer (£100k),

Wiggins (£250k),

Morrison (£250k), Taylor (Free),

Stephens (£200k),

Hollands (Free),

Green (£250k),

Kermogant (Free),

Hughes (Free),

Hayes (can anybody remember?),

Haynes (£50k),

Pritchard (nominal)

Hughes (Free)

Evina (Free)

Cort (Free)

Clarke (Swap for Benson)

Euell (Free)

Russell (Loan till end of season)

Sullivan (Free)

Pope (Free)

Only 19 so I'm missing one - so far that lot cost £1.1 m compared to £1.25m out. Players out is easy -

Jenkison (£1m)

Elliot (£250)

Also, did we get any more Shelvey dosh this season as well?

Details

Hamer (£100k),

Wiggins (£250k),

Stephens (£200k),

Hollands (Free),

Green (£250k),

Kermogant (Free),

Hughes (Free),

Haynes (£50k),

Pritchard (nominal)

Hughes (Free)

Evina (Free)

Cort (Free)

Clarke (Swap for Benson)

Euell (Free)

Sullivan (Free)

Pope (Free)

Only 19 so I'm missing one - so far that lot cost £1.1 m compared to £1.25m out. Players out is easy -

Jenkison (£1m)

Elliot (£250)

So you have all the inside information on those transfers undisclosed.

On that note, what were the agent and signing on fees?

Its very simple we offered him less money than he was on (last contract was when we were in the champ and had just been relegated from prem) he said no I want more... so we let him go...

simples.. (feel free to PM me if you need further clarity)

You let him go? But he was free to go anyway, so how did you "let him go"? lol

Please do clarify for me!

BTW, I've just been to the pub for lunch and guess what, they let me leave! Straight up, they let me leave! Nothing to do with the fact I paid the bill and walked out, THEY LET ME LEAVE!! lol

Details

Hamer (£100k),

Wiggins (£250k),

Stephens (£200k),

Hollands (Free),

Green (£250k),

Kermogant (Free),

Hughes (Free),

Haynes (£50k),

Pritchard (nominal)

Hughes (Free)

Evina (Free)

Cort (Free)

Clarke (Swap for Benson)

Euell (Free)

Sullivan (Free)

Pope (Free)

Jenkison (£1m)

Elliot (£250)

That is wrong already - the Barnsley gaffer was on Radio Sheffield when the deal for Haynes was completed and he stated it was a 6-fugure sum (for information, £50k isn't a 6-fugure sum). Given he also stated the initial offer, which was rejected, was £100,000, we can already assume it was higher than that!

Oh, and just because the spendature was funded from a player sale, doesn't mean it isn't 'budget' you know! lol

this is brillian, load of us saying how well charlton have done, some decent charlton fans post then this one bellend turns up giving it the big i am etc

get a life mate

Leave him

He ignored this:

This misconception, just looking at this site:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/charlton-athletic/transfers/verein_358.html

A lot of your incoming transfers have a ? as the fee paid. So how do you honestly know you have spent just a million? Seems the majority of the million went on two players - 750k, and i can't imagine players such as Danny Haynes were cheap.

You've also got a lot of players leaving on free transfers, but then signing players on a free still involves signing on fees, agent fees, wages etc.

Congratulations on the performance this season mind, shame the rest of your fans joining this board aren't up for decent discussion.

And then made his own inside information up about transfer fees.

Simples.

Agreed. The amount of times I've seen them score 3 or more goals this season is ridiculous.

We've scored 3 or more nine times this season, wouldn't say it's ridiculous.

We're built on a successful back line and I think there's where, quite honestly, Wednesday need to improve.

Guest kylejswfc

I'm lost as to where people get this information from regarding wage budgets.

How can people claim to be 5th highest? And below us? etc.

That information will all be rather secretive I'd have thought?

some great comments on here , the only team i think anyone in the playoffs should worry about is stevenage , if they are in playoffs they will win make no mistake ,

weds had a great result last sunday , lets hope it kick starts a good run now .

you forgot to add... in my opinion ......which lets be fair means flip all.

Guest man'of'kent

Hello lads, first thing well done on Sunday I think thats got to be the most important result for you this year, it pretty well leaves autos between you and your yorkshire chums, secondly if you do unfortunately end up in the hated playoffs fear that mob from stevenage, I for one wouldnt want to be playing them in a one off situation. We beat them Saturday it were'nt easy and I think they had there minds on a replay with Spurs in the FA Cup, thirdley if as he said in a interview your chap Manderich (is that how you spell his name) was behind the Olws 110% why didnt he buy Ben Marshall cos Im bloody sure he wanted to stay with you lot, I reckon youve dropped six or seven points that you wouldnt have with him in your side, good news for us but bloody tragic for you lot, but onwards and upwards it aint over till the fat lady sings

We've scored 3 or more nine times this season, wouldn't say it's ridiculous.

We're built on a successful back line and I think there's where, quite honestly, Wednesday need to improve.

Obviously I hadn't counted, and it does seem more than that to be honest.

Thanks for your observation, but it's at the other end of the field where we need to pull our finger out most.

Obviously I hadn't counted, and it does seem more than that to be honest.

Thanks for your observation, but it's at the other end of the field where we need to pull our finger out most.

To be fair, the Charlton fan is right.

Our goals for isn't too bad but when you look at our goals against compared to the rest of the top 6 it's shocking.

That's what has cost us so far, letting in soft goals and far too many of them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,,11718,00.html

Guest bwp is god

Let me just clear a few things up, firstly Haynes was 50,000 as stated by the charlton fan above, not the 100,000 that you claimed. See this http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=1526&headline=Striker%20Haynes%20joins%20Addicks for more info on that point.

Clarke is no way on 6k a week with us. Considering Semedo was being made to take a pay cut to 4k if he wanted to stay with us, there is no chance that Clarke would then be given 6k.

And finally, Semedo is on 8k with you, and left us because he didnt want the 4k that we offered him. That may not be the only reason he left, who knows, but it is common knowledge, thanks to our chairman telling us so, that Semedo accepted your 8k a week offer and rejected our 4k offer.

Anway this is all very trivial, it really doesnt matter who has the bigger budgets. The fact is Powell has spent wisely, and used free's very wisely too, and I'm delighted with where its got us. Thanks for the many nice comments on this thread, and good luck for the rest of the season.