The signing thats ruined our season

If we'd signed Hoskins say instead of Lowe, who's to say that we wouldn't be lamenting his failure to bed in for us as others with a good prior reputation have done. Could've/should've... we might have been looking at Lowe having bagged 20 goals for a struggling Bury and wondered why we didn't sign him! Maybe our issues are elsewhere. We seldom look a very fluid team.

If we'd signed Hoskins say instead of Lowe, who's to say that we wouldn't be lamenting his failure to bed in for us as others with a good prior reputation have done. Could've/should've... we might have been looking at Lowe having bagged 20 goals for a struggling Bury and wondered why we didn't sign him! Maybe our issues are elsewhere. We seldom look a very fluid team.

At last someone who actually puts a little thought and knowledge into a reply.

Hoskins is a very good striker at this level, but it doesnt mean he will bang them in where ever he plays, its not as simple as buying a good player or this game would be a lot simpler

Edited by Spookone

If Lowe had stayed at Bury he would have had 20 goals this season, if we had the players to play to his strengths he would have 20 goals here as well.

We have turned the leagues leading scorer(at the time we signed him) into a player who cant even get a place on the bench

99% of people would have settled for the play offs at the beginning of the season ,because we have had a sniff of second place some people think we are having a disaster of a season now when in reality we are probably punching above our weight .

Cup half full anyone ?

If Lowe had stayed at Bury he would have had 20 goals this season, if we had the players to play to his strengths he would have 20 goals here as well.

We have turned the leagues leading scorer(at the time we signed him) into a player who cant even get a place on the bench

You may well be right about playing to his strengths but others would argue that he has missed chances that he really should have bagged. Confidence plays a huge part and I suspect that he's lost some.

Your second sentence is very pertinent. Mike Jones too is very well respected at this level but look at him with us to date.

Edited by sal1

Will hoskins signing for the blades!

what a signing that was for united, proven league 1 scorer in a poo side and that signing and that signing alone is the reason we wont get automatics. If we had signed him then we'd have been laughing even without marshall because hes a striker that unlike every one of ours (especially rumbleing chris 'offers more to the team jokes hes just rumbleing poo poo' ogrady)

but now united have signed him they have two strikers that can get 20+ whereas we have madine who looks mardy as roger and seems to never be arsed when i see him play.

mandaric has un-workable us over big time, i accept trying to get out her on the cheap, i like that idea but if we're gonna rely on loans get some decent ones in ffs! we should've bidded as much as we could to get hoskins here and put some serious money behind the team.

Leicster warned us that mandaric does it on the cheap despite promising so much never delivers and although he did save our team hes ruined this season.

dont give a poo poo about how much slating i get, we're pop, we're going for the play offs and we'll get stuffed by jordan rhodes fc unless we sign a striker that can actually score and someone that can put the ball in the right place

GET YOUR WALLET OUT MILAN.

couldn't agree more with that comment :biggrin:

The sooner the better is when megson cuts his patience with this lump

Edited by w.owl

At last someone who actually puts a little thought and knowledge into a reply.

Hoskins is a very good striker at this level, but it doesnt mean he will bang them in where ever he plays, its not as simple as buying a good player or this game would be a lot simpler

We bought a good player in Ryan Lowe but we don't allow him to play in the way he did at Bury where he scored for fun and which attracted us to him in the first place. What's all that about?

Guest Ripley Owl
The P*gs undeniably had a better transfer window than us.

I think all the top teams have, I'm just hoping we have got something up our sleave in the loan window