11-4 to beat the Pigs

Guest parsimmon

6/4 away in a derby match, when frankly our away form this season has been hit and miss to say the least, and United have had an OK start to the season too.... no chance mate! Not considering top bookies work to a 106% ish book on big football games. I think United at around 11/10 - 5/4 is about right for the home team in a derby match and considering both teams recent form. If United hadn't stuttered a bit the past few weeks, I would have expected them to be more around 10/11 - Evs.

I wouldn't want any less that 5/2 for us to be honest, therefore the 11/4 does look pretty nice if you can get some on the exchanges. However, at the traditional bookies, best you are getting currently is 5/2. Was having a good look at the odds earlier, and they seem about right to be honest, but if anything we are maybe at a slightly generous price at the minute if you can get anything pushing 11/4 - 3/1 on the exchanges.

One bet that has caught my eye is the 14/1 on offer for Ben Marshall to score the first goal at Bet365. With unlimited each way terms, considering his recent form, this looks some value to me.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-one/sheffield-utd-v-sheffield-wednesday/winner

Keep checking here the next few days for changing prices and other markets.

One thing to remember with bookies odds though... they are determined by where the money is going, particularly in Asia. A lot of the art has gone out of the game of formulating prices based on their opinions, rather now they are influenced by both the exchanges and Asia when it comes to football and what odds are offered. Don't let high prices put you off a bet - just because a bookie has a short priced fav in any market does not mean THEY think it will win, rather the market does, and we all know markets are liable to making mistakes!

Guest londonowl1

6/4 away in a derby match, when frankly our away form this season has been hit and miss to say the least, and United have had an OK start to the season too.... no chance mate! Not considering top bookies work to a 106% ish book on big football games. I think United at around 11/10 - 5/4 is about right for the home team in a derby match and considering both teams recent form. If United hadn't stuttered a bit the past few weeks, I would have expected them to be more around 10/11 - Evs.

I wouldn't want any less that 5/2 for us to be honest, therefore the 11/4 does look pretty nice if you can get some on the exchanges. However, at the traditional bookies, best you are getting currently is 5/2. Was having a good look at the odds earlier, and they seem about right to be honest, but if anything we are maybe at a slightly generous price at the minute if you can get anything pushing 11/4 - 3/1 on the exchanges.

One bet that has caught my eye is the 14/1 on offer for Ben Marshall to score the first goal at Bet365. With unlimited each way terms, considering his recent form, this looks some value to me.

http://www.oddscheck...ednesday/winner

Keep checking here the next few days for changing prices and other markets.

One thing to remember with bookies odds though... they are determined by where the money is going, particularly in Asia. A lot of the art has gone out of the game of formulating prices based on their opinions, rather now they are influenced by both the exchanges and Asia when it comes to football and what odds are offered. Don't let high prices put you off a bet - just because a bookie has a short priced fav in any market does not mean THEY think it will win, rather the market does, and we all know markets are liable to making mistakes!

Agree with all you say.....and to be honest sunday's game is a complete no bet with it being a derby and 2 fairly evenly matched teams.

All 3 results a strong possibility, therefore 11/4 on wednesday is massive.

personally think we have the better team but they have home advantage......maybe a draw!! and would be happy with that

Guest bigbadbreeze

I know its a Derby and form counts for nowt, but i will be having a little bit on at 5/2

take out the fact thats its a derby and 5/2 would be very generous

That is more than generous, home or away makes little or no difference in a Derby game.

Are you sure?! Out of 56 derby league games at Bumhole Lane throughout history, we have only ever won 11. That despite, having on paper the largely superior side at the respective moments in time. Yet the stats at Hillsborough are pretty much reversed so home or away plays a large part in Derby day...........