Change in formation coming up?

I've stated on a few threads that the players coming in seem to suggest a shift away from 442, especially with the lack of recognised wingers, maybe a 433 or variation of 451?

.............................................Weaver

Buxton.....................Batth..................R.Jones......................Bennett

.....................Lines...............Prutton................Semedo

.............JJ.................................................................O'Grady

............................................Madine

Guest swfc boothy

...................weaver

buxton......batth....jones......bennett

............ prutton...semedo

jj....................lines............uchechi

..............madine/ogrady

Edited by swfc boothy

Surely COG will go ont left ??

Without going into detail on the personnel side of things, I think this formation is more likely than the OP.

Two DM's behind and AM for sure IMO. This was the impression Megson gave during his interviews in pre season.

Edited by TheWednesdayFC

Guest thekelch
I've stated on a few threads that the players coming in seem to suggest a shift away from 442, especially with the lack of recognised wingers, maybe a 433 or variation of 451? .............................................Weaver Buxton.....................Batth..................R.Jones......................Bennett .....................Lines...............Prutton................Semedo .............JJ.................................................................O'Grady ............................................Madine

I don't think apart from JJ at 5'11'' there's a player under 6' in that team. Proper Megson line up, teams will have playing against us with that many big lads in the team!

I've stated on a few threads that the players coming in seem to suggest a shift away from 442, especially with the lack of recognised wingers, maybe a 433 or variation of 451?

.............................................Weaver

Buxton.....................Batth..................R.Jones......................Bennett

.....................Lines...............Prutton................Semedo

.............JJ.................................................................O'Grady

............................................Madine

Megson stated in his interview that he told COG that he as been bought to play "up top"

Lines is probably been looked at because Megson doesnt fancy Coke or To a lesser extent JOC to play in the middle if anything should happern to Prutton or Semedo

Edited by curren

Megson stated in his interview that he told COG that he as been bought to play "up top"

Lines is probably been looked at because Megson doesnt fancy Coke or To a lesser extent JOC to play in the middle if anything should happern to Prutton or Semedo

Ah right, this I wasn't aware of. With the signing of Uchechi, & assuming Clinton Morrison stays, that's our 4 strikers sorted then.

Always rated Chris Lines to be honest, although most of the time I've seen him play it's been out wide-mid, but not as your usual winger.

Guest TonyOwl88

I think Megson wants the options and capability to change formations.... but I think ultimately he wants a 4-4-2 at home at least.

The fact that we are pretty much prepared for the option of 433 and 451 excites me so much more than just a straight forward 442.....even with Irvines coaching badges we were never prepared for this type of style of play! Megson is choosing this as an offensive style as aposed to a negative style. Believe in M&M! The future's bright....the future's blue & white.