Is it more important.....

Guest SpiderBoy

Guest SpiderBoy

Megson prefers 4-5-1 away from home (and sometimes at home)

Presuming Madine will play, is it more important that we get Roberts or another winger to play in this formation than bust a gut trying to sign another striker first?

And yes i do know that we do definitely need at least 1 striker as well - just thinking of the priority

We all know they're of equal importance, but of the 2 I'd say striker. Madine isn't a target man in my opinion, if we got a good winger who get crosses in there'd be nobody to put them in, we'd still be good on set pieces but still wouldn't really score many from open play, we need a good solid striker to put them in.

Megson prefers 4-5-1 away from home (and sometimes at home)

Presuming Madine will play, is it more important that we get Roberts or another winger to play in this formation than bust a gut trying to sign another striker first?

And yes i do know that we do definitely need at least 1 striker as well - just thinking of the priority

no i seriously doubt megson prefers 4-5-1 away from home...

megson had to shore up a unprotected defence with a 5 man midfield, because the midfield last season was absolutely poo ...

on occasions megson may in the coming season use the tactic again, i doubt it will be used that often, as he fully knows that we need wins to be promoted not draws...

Guest Big Guns

Is it more important to have a big wee wee tail or be reight good looking ,is there any point in having a big wee wee tail if your that ugly your not going to score

Is it more important to have a big wee wee tail or be reight good looking ,is there any point in having a big wee wee tail if your that ugly your not going to score

Depends what target market you're after. Or trying to impress, should i say.

Edited by eckington owl

Guest Saturday Owl

Ohhh Big guns you wise old man.

1. Striker

2. Winger

3. Striker

4. Winger

5. Midfielder

I really hope we play 4-4-2 personally, keep the 4-3-3/4-5-1 as plan b if we need to change it. Prutton can be the ball player in the middle, were only in league 1 FFS, I can't think of many of our competition with better playmakers.

If we get Koumas I could understand building round him in a 4-3-3, but even then I don't think it would suit the other players we've got:

Madine may grow into the role, but he struggled on his own last season and its not really fair to expect a 20 year old to be playing up front on his own. He needs someone alongside him - most of his best games were with Mellor next to him.

Morrison has never been a lone striker in his life, and based on last season he's not going to learn now.

Sedgwick, I like more than most on here, but he's always been a right sided midfielder rather than a winger, a grafter rather than a flair player.

D Jones looked lost at left-wing when tried there, don't think he'd do any better pushed further forward.

So, only person it might benefit is JJ, who I'd like to see relegated to the status of an impact player from the bench if possible.

Edited by davethemagicweasel

Guest bigblue

Those steroids are a ***** aren't they!

1) Creative/goal scoring Midfielder

2) Striker

3) Winger

Just to be different:)............although it worries me slightly playing Semedo and Prutton in the centre of midfield every game, I can see how it could work away from home to nullify the opposition, but it's not going to get us many goals.

I'd like to see either Semedo or Prutton alongside a creative midfielder at home, with the players we have at the moment only Coke and Palmer could fill that role and I'm not sure they're good enough?

It's scary how short we are up front..........I refuse to panic though.

Guest SpiderBoy

Townsend is going back to Millwall according to SSN

Lee Clark has also (alledgedly - phone the spelling police) been told to cut his wage bill = Roberts to us?