Potter signs for Dons

Guest WSPN23

Guest Triplej2

He does retain the ball well.

It's a statement of fact.

I just don't get that statement, if you mean he personally doesn't lose the ball you're right...but only by virtue of instantly passing it sideways to someone who then proceeds to hoof it aimlessly. he never, ever , EVER takes responsibility and tries something bold like beating someone or playing a truly killer ball.

If passing sideways like it's a hot potatoe is a good attribute then I could be Johann flipping Cruyff :biggrin:

I just don't get that statement, if you mean he personally doesn't lose the ball you're right...but only by virtue of instantly passing it sideways to someone who then proceeds to hoof it aimlessly. he never, ever , EVER takes responsibility and tries something bold like beating someone or playing a truly killer ball.

If passing sideways like it's a hot potatoe is a good attribute then I could be Johann flipping Cruyff :biggrin:

It's a very simple statement. One that I would have thought would be hard to misunderstand.

The MK Dons manager rates him. John Sheridan rates him.

But a mob on Owlstalk think he is poo poo.

I know which opinion I would follow (after my own of course).....

Guest Triplej2

It's a very simple statement. One that I would have thought would be hard to misunderstand.

Potter actually helps in not maintaining the ball for Wednesday by continually passing it to someone less expected to maintain it than himself, ergo, we have had one of the most ineffectual midfields most Wednesdayites have ever seen. I don't mean to be rude and I don't want an argument but potter does not retain possesion well for Wednesday, his personal stats for not being robbed of the ball may be good but it means nothing on the pitch.

Potter was an abortion of a midfielder. Never in his 103 games has he played anything like his ability for more than 20 minutes in a game, and regularly goes missing for huge portions of games.

He had no small part in the problem that was the huge gaping hole we called central midfield.

I don't care how well he 'kept the ball', or how many kick ups he could do, or any other daft platitudes bestowed upon him, that cod canyon had no idea how to apply his ability to a football match

Guest Parky1867

Megson doesn't rate him.

Irvine did.

Mick Mcarthy didn't

Brian Laws did

Rafa Benitez didn't

I know which opinion I would follow (after my own of

course).....

Well Megson obviously doesn't rate him. That's good enough for me.

An old poster on Owlstalk, Zen Owl, once used to sing the praises of Tommy Spurr, when all were criticising.

What a poor judge of a player, and absolute prat Zen Owl turned out to be, don't you agree? :biggrin:

Guest JonTheOwl66

Theres a first time for everything

Nemesis actually displayed some amusing wit, unlike anything you're capable of.

Guest Big Guns

Nemesis actually displayed some amusing wit, unlike anything you're capable of.

It's not her wit I want on display

After his loan performances it was far from a shocking signing and was backed by the large majority of fans here.

The fact it hasn't worked out has to be down to the players application, the overall hiding mentality of the team and poor management.

Wasn't backed by the majority where I sat.