A final day fact

Just going back over our records, we seem to be great performers on the last day of the season. Correct me If I'm wrong but since the formation of the Premiership in 1992 we have only lost 4 times on the final day of a season and you could even argue 3 if you take in the play-off final victory. Despite our terrible record in recent times this is quite a good record. Anybody care to name the four teams and the scores? No prizes mind.

Just going back over our records, we seem to be great performers on the last day of the season. Correct me If I'm wrong but since the formation of the Premiership in 1992 we have only lost 4 times on the final day of a season and you could even argue 3 if you take in the play-off final victory. Despite our terrible record in recent times this is quite a good record. Anybody care to name the four teams and the scores? No prizes mind.

Bristol City 3-2.

Mcgovern and Wood for us i think.

Edited by leea8331

Could be wrong, but did we not also lose 3-1 to QPR on the last day of 93 or 94?

Wasn't it a loss to Middlesbrough in the last game of 92/93? Our eyes on the FA cup instead?

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Does this mean that that completely useless draw last year goes in your "great performers"-category or the equally useles win in 2003?

Edited by Depeche

West Ham in the Premier?

EDIT: Actually no, think we got a last minute equaliser

Double edit :biggrin: - Crystal Palace - Clinton made his debut and scored in 90th minute after a Walker/Pressman fkup. 98/99?

Edited by RockieOwl

Does this mean that that completely useless draw last year goes in your "great performers"-category or the equally useles win in 2003?

Last season did feel like a defeat but I would say that and the 'useless' win were down to cr@p seasons opposed to a single performance.