Gary Madine Unsettled ?

Guest Owl30

Madine, Mellor + somone quick i.e. Craig Davies would be a good set of strikers with different strengths.

Hoskins is another one if I'm greedy but I think we should prioritise a bit of pace up front to stretch teams. If only Luke Varney was still available.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Madine

Mellor

Then we need to sign two more.

Quick list of potentials off the top of my head...

Simeon Jackson

Will Hoskins

Craig Davies

Joe Garner

Iain Hume

Nathan Tyson

Adam Le Fondre

Clayton Donaldson

Matt Tubbs

Some good players in that list mate BUT some are 1 season wonders (Davies) and Tubbs needs to be tested at league level

Guest foreverSWFC

Madine

Mellor

Then we need to sign two more.

Quick list of potentials off the top of my head...

Simeon JacksonWill Hoskins

Craig Davies

Joe Garner

Iain Hume

Nathan Tyson

Adam Le Fondre

Clayton Donaldson

Matt Tubbs

Simeon Jackson, who scored a hattrick for Norwich in the Championship the other week? Dream on.

Some good players in that list mate BUT some are 1 season wonders (Davies) and Tubbs needs to be tested at league level

Maybe some are one season wonders, maybe not. We can't really tell just yet.

But I'd only consider someone like Davies, Donaldson, Le Fondre or Tubbs as the fourth striker behind Madine, Mellor and one of a Jackson, Garner, Hume, Hoskins etc.

Simeon Jackson, who scored a hattrick for Norwich in the Championship the other week? Dream on.

Yep that's the guy.

Don't ask, you don't get. We're not basement shopping anymore. Have a bit of ambition man. I'm not suggesting a Michael Chopra or a Grant Holt. I'm suggesting a player who's not been a regular in a Championship side.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Maybe some are one season wonders, maybe not. We can't really tell just yet.

But I'd only consider someone like Davies, Donaldson, Le Fondre or Tubbs as the fourth striker behind Madine, Mellor and one of a Jackson, Garner, Hume, Hoskins etc.

Fair do's.

Just thinking too many (mainly Pigs) raving over Davies and ALF, when they've not been tested at a higher level.

Guest foreverSWFC

Who also hasn't really featured for Norwich this season, I'm sure we could at least get him on loan.

Although he has made over 30 appearances for Norwich.

There is being ambitious and there is getting carried away, and there have been alot of names scattered around on this forum which are just stupid including Simeon Jackson- he will either be at Norwich or at anotehr championship club next season.

Guest Buxtonian

Why all the fuss because a player doesn't go loopy when he scores? It doesn't mean for one moment that he isn't pleased, or that he feels he's out of favour.

The celebrations regarding doing what you are well paid for (scoring goals)have become more and more excessive with all soccer stars over the last few years, and I for one find it rather irksome. I have no objections to some form of celebrating, butcannot see for the life in me why a player needs to skate about the pitch or be hugged by all and sundry. To me, the sight of madine scoring and his form of celebration is ideal. The only fault I would find is that he doesn't get the opportunity to do it more often.

Guest Big Guns

hes not scored that many 4 us yet ,the jurys still out on him ,its mellor whos our main man get him signed up i reckon.

I know i keep going on about him...but...

I'd go and get Cody McDonald from Norwich.

Very, very quick, works tremendously hard, came from non-league at a 'mature' age- so doesn't swan about like he's Pele as a result, scored tons of goals this season already for Gillingham in League 2 (24 in 37 appearances) and looked capable at Championship level with Norwich 2 years ago even though they were relegated that season.

Furthermore, he isn't going to get a look in at Norwich much (they tend to play with 1 up front most weeks and Holt, Jackson, Chris Martin, Aaron Wilbraham and Oli Johnson are all above him in the pecking order, and that will be added to in the summer regardless of whether they get promotion or not) and he will only have a year left on his contract come the summer so negotiations could be in our favour.

For a relatively nominal fee, i think he could be a gamble which could pay off big time.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Guest Owl30

Madines movement and hold up play is worth a goal or two, hes involved in most of our attacking play.

Edited by Owl30

TBB, heard MacDonald has a few issues off the pitch, a move away could help him.

Haven't heard about that so can't really comment on it mate, but i know he has an absolutely terrific attitude and is pretty ambitious too.

He said recently he would quite like to stay at Gillingham but i'm sure he'd definitely be interested in a move here if we could sort something out with Norwich.

I've seen him play about 15 times live i'd say, and i think he'll score somebody an awful lot of goals at League 1 and 2 level with potential to play higher.