Gary Madine Unsettled ?

Guest Owl30

Guest Owl30

When Madine didn't get into the squad a couple of weeks ago there was no explanation other than that he was tired.

Then when he scored on Saturday his celebration was muted to say the least.

Has something gone on behind the scenes with Gary as his body language didn't look the best on Saturday?

YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT THEY HATE EACHOTHER AND THEY HAD A MASSIVE FIGHT

OR

His brother was in a car accident a few weeks ago and that's why he didn't play a couple of weeks ago. I don't think his head was in the game because of that and that's why he didn't really celebrate, also he has never really celebrated when he scores.

Guest Owl30

YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT THEY HATE EACHOTHER AND THEY HAD A MASSIVE FIGHT

OR

His brother was in a car accident a few weeks ago and that's why he didn't play a couple of weeks ago. I don't think his head was in the game because of that and that's why he didn't really celebrate, also he has never really celebrated when he scores.

Of course yeah my bad, i actually like Madine he could end up being a striker who gets plenty of goals for Wednesday.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

When Madine didn't get into the squad a couple of weeks ago there was no explanation other than that he was tired.

Then when he scored on Saturday his celebration was muted to say the least.

Has something gone on behind the scenes with Gary as his body language didn't look the best on Saturday?

When did Madine last not "get into the squad"

Guest Owl30

Same, I reckon he'll get 20+ goals next season.

Yes without a doubt, and try and bring in either Lowe from Bury or Donaldson from Crewe then we really are cooking with gas.

Edited by Owl30

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Yes without a doubt, and try and bring in either Lowe from Bury or Donaldson from Crewe then we really are cooking with gas.

You mean veteran lower league Ryan Lowe? jesus, talking about plumbing the depths.

This rumour tends to rear it's head every week at the moment. I think it's down to being paranoid. Madine is a very good young player with bags of potential and I think our fans are very quick at the moment to panic whenever he does anything that suggests he's unhappy.

At the end of the day he's a young lad who has moved from his home where he was seemingly happy to play his football, and has had a variety of well publicised problems. He's also come to a club experiencing some pretty turbulent times on and off the pitch this season (although not so much off it when he actually arrived), which can't be easy to blend into right away. I think this is something that has affected all of our signings this season, and I think it's worth keeping an eye even on the likes of M. Morrison and Reynolds next year if they get the opportunity to actually settle.

As far as I'm aware, Madine has never really celebrated his goals emphatically, and for the reasons mentioned above there has been particular reason for him to be low key recently.

I really like Madine and think he'll be a fantastic asset next season. I just wish people would stop panicking about his alleged unhappiness. I suspect that with the benefit of a full and settled pre-season, in preperation for our first full campaign under Milan and Megson, Madine and others will really start to show what they can do.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

We are in the lower leagues...

Yes we are but I'd expect better than some has been who is appraoching his 33rd birthday and has rarely played outside the 4th tier.

Clayton Donaldson has more potential to be fair to you but neither are the type of signings needed to get this club out of the lower leagues

Guest Owl30

Yes we are but I'd expect better than some has been who is appraoching his 33rd birthday and has rarely played outside the 4th tier.

Clayton Donaldson has more potential to be fair to you but neither are the type of signings needed to get this club out of the lower leagues

Who would you like to see partner the goal machine ?

I don't know if it's just something Megson has tried to drill into everyone, or if Madine's doing it by himself, but he always makes an effort to go over and shake hands or hug his strike partner when either of them gets substituted. I've not seen that sort of team spirit for years.

Guest Owl30

I don't know if it's just something Megson has tried to drill into everyone, or if Madine's doing it by himself, but he always makes an effort to go over and shake hands or hug his strike partner when either of them gets substituted. I've not seen that sort of team spirit for years.

In a way i think Megson came in at the right time, half a season behind him and a full pre-season will stand him and the team in good stead.

Guest Owl30

He may well have been, he may have thought Wednesday had more chance of actually being sucessfull rather than Carlisle.