A few thoughts after last night..

When we scored half the kop didn't even move ( including myself).

Mist of us dint give a throw anymore, funny how the atmosphere rubs off on everyone!!!

I was one of them. I just sat there in my seat thinking "Good, lets hope we can get a couple more now" but I wasn't in the least bit excited which is worrying really.

Lets spend 55 minutes lumping it aimless and high towards the Heff (who won more headers than Madine bizarrely) and offer no supply by 'playing' Potter on the wing. Then take Potter off and bring on a direct, if erratic attacking winger (JJ), only to take the Heff off and bring on Crazy Arms.

Fookin' genius.

Guest Deleted member

Last nights starting line up had: RO'D, Jones, Baath, JO'B, Osbourne and Madine. More than half the side were new players.

But didnt need to be

As I'm (frankly getting sick of) saying "They weren't bad players when they were 2nd in the league"

I've noticed you write this a few times this morning and without wanting to start an argument I'm not sure what point you make with it?

This happened when we were 2nd

Saturday, 18 December 2010

Npower League One

Exeter 5 - Sheff Wed 1

I didn't go, but was given the impression it was one of the worst SWFC performances for a good few years.

I also seem to remember in the heady days when we were in the top 6, it was on the back of victories against what are now relegation contenders and whenever we came up against decent opposition we were found badly wanting: Huddersfield, Carslise stick in my mind.

Oh and we'd played 2 or 3 games more than most other teams.

So, I think that to say they weren't bad players when we were 2nd may be a bit missleading.

It was quite bad pre Megson to be fair.

Email from my Brentford mate (he has a soft spot for us too) this morning makes depressing reading:

Firstly I did not realise that we had five first team players out and in particular our third goalie had to play.

Despite this, Bees comfortably deserved the win, indeed were much better than Wednesday and the difference was that whenever a Wednesday player got the ball he had a Bees kiddie on his back. The reverse was not the case. Wednesday just did not TRY! I must say I would be very angry. At the very least, fans should expect their players to do their best and it is not happening.

One of our players is the 4th choice for us and yet he was walking through the Wednesday players. I have to say I would be very unhappy with your performance. The stats said our possession was something like 63% to your 37% which seemed about right on what I saw and we were playing away from home! I can understand your frustration. (God I thought I had a problem with Bees!)

You need to clear all these players out and get in some hungry youngsters. They will do better. These older players are just taking the money for no work. Sorry mate!

Guest Deleted member

I've noticed you write this a few times this morning and without wanting to start an argument I'm not sure what point you make with it?

This happened when we were 2nd

Saturday, 18 December 2010

Npower League One

Exeter 5 - Sheff Wed 1

I didn't go, but was given the impression it was one of the worst SWFC performances for a good few years.

I also seem to remember in the heady days when we were in the top 6, it was on the back of victories against what are now relegation contenders and whenever we came up against decent opposition we were found badly wanting: Huddersfield, Carslise stick in my mind.

Don't get me wrong - I was far from happy with the way we were playing when we were 2nd. And yes - what we are seeing at the moment is something I (half) predicted... Only half - I could never envisage it getting this bad.

The Exeter performance was a one off - I did go - the pitch was awful (admittedly for both teams) and if I recall the only game played that day. It followed a similar pattern to may of our games this season - good until conceding.

But don't detract from our first half season by claiming it was all against rubbish teams. There were some good performances then too. I havent seen a good performance since the Bristol game at home when MM was in the directors box for the first time. Certainly not seen one under Megson. At all.

The players weren't 'bad players' when we were 2nd in the League before Christmas.

There has been 10 new players brought in since then - and 2 major departures in Tudgay and Purse.

Blame the players all you like - I blame the 2 managers who have unsettled the team with more and more baffling decisions, negative football (and Irvine was bad enough but the ginger clown is FAR FAR worse) - and when a team is being set up NOT TO LOSE at home instead of going out to WIN AT ALL COSTS - the managers must take their own share of the blame for hammering confidence.

Personally I'd be rid of Megson this morning - and bring Laws back til the end of the season. At least his teams played football - and he could motivate them for a few 'cup finals'. All Megson has done is upset the applecart further that Irvine had started to tip over. Exactly how many players and in how many different positions has Megson played since he came here? He hasn't a clue what his best side is - and thats scandalous after this amount of time in the job.

If Megson stays - we go down. It really is as simple as that.

That may not be as daft as it sounds

Edited by soultime

...the difference was that whenever a Wednesday player got the ball he had a Bees kiddie on his back. The reverse was not the case.

I think this has been a consistent problem all season, even when we were scraping a few results together. Despite having two managers with a defensive mindset, we simply haven't worked hard enough from our penalty area to the halfway line in putting opponents under pressure. All that has changed is that for whatever reason we are being punished more consistently than previously. Even though we have some attacking potency we've spent much of the time hoofing the ball forward to strikers not suited to such a method and lacking in adequate support to build anything even if they were.