late kick off last night

i own a london hackney cab and live in penrhyn bay , north wales .

the cab is adapted to carry wheelchair bound folk .

if this lad wants to get to s6 i will pick him up and drive him and his folks to the ground thats the least i can do for what he's sacrificed on our behalf .

total cost zero , i'll pick up the tab myself .

Top man Penrhyn !

hope something can be sorted out for this true hero' !

Guest 03 owl

I think it might be Ben, what Horrific injuries he sustained Must not be easy to get over and not just physically, Credit to the country and the Armed Forces.

I have had mates die we was on 96 OSD and he got run over in Greece :mad: , the other lad i know had his leg blown off in Iraq the guy at the side of him died, he really struggled when he got back he couldn't sleep from cramp in his calf and itches that he couldn't scratch, people beeping their horns at him when he was crossing the road as he was a bit slower, that really used to wind him up, His Girlfreind left him and everything, it was a tough time for him :( . but he did come through and is doing well.

Hope we can do something for this Lad. what spirit he must have.

It's about time the government and definately the MOD were brought to acount for what injuries our lads have to endure ,Why they are sent to war in places that don't concern us makes me sick , LET THE FORIEGNERS SORT THEIR OWN CRAP,

AND LEAVE US OUT OF IT,

My heart go's out to Ben and his family,and all military personel that come home injured ,God bless em all

Thanks Ronnie don't know if this is the guy but omg !!

He lost both his legs and sustained grievous damage to his spine, skull, pelvis, hands, spleen and ribcage, leaving him in a coma for months.

Incredibly, 23-year-old Ben is still alive almost a year later - according to his doctors the most badly-injured soldier ever to survive.

All his mother wants is to buy a bungalow so she can care for him there.

Yet as recompense for his ruined life, Ben has been offered only £152,150 - little more than half the maximum award for maimed military personnel and less than a third of the £484,000 doled out to an RAF typist who claimed she had suffered repetitive strain injury to her thumb.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-478178/Worst-injured-soldier-survive-awarded-RAF-typist-sore-thumb.html#ixzz1HKr5AUa4

:angry: :angry:

Really really rumblein winds me up this sort of stuff.

There is no common sense anymore in this country.

if this lad wants to get to s6 i will pick him up and drive him and his folks to the ground thats the least i can do for what he's sacrificed on our behalf .

Very thoughtful Penrhyn. Good man.

Guest 03 owl

[/quote

Good MAN.

Guest 03 owl

I think it would be a great idea to get some of these lads on the pitch from the Armed forces at Hillsborough, past and present members, let them interact with the players, maybe talk about PRESSURE, adrenaline, roles and responsibility, respect for your Boss/ team mates as your all in it together , i really don't want to compare football to the Armed forces at all, but i feel they should .

Guest 03 owl

Is there any chance the Mods can get this thread or idea pinned for the Lad in question? And let a Wednesday fan come home for a game or 2.

Guest Buxtonian

I think it would be a great idea to get some of these lads on the pitch from the Armed forces at Hillsborough, past and present members, let them interact with the players, maybe talk about PRESSURE, adrenaline, roles and responsibility, respect for your Boss/ team mates as your all in it together , i really don't want to compare football to the Armed forces at all, but i feel they should .

The amount of fight our lads on the field are showing at present, might it not be better to introduce them to the typist?

Incidentally, if a typist can suffer RSI, how does the average squaddie stand for Repetitive Finger Strain?

You are a top man.................there is hope when people like you care so much about fellow human beings and Wednesday fans.

I will pay for hospitality for him too if he gets to a game

reading through the payouts bit ... rumbleing shocking how people that have a thumb injury, or a thief or prisoner who tried commiting suicide can get paid more in compensation then Ben Parkinson... focking sickening ...

Guest owl9257

Is there any chance the Mods can get this thread or idea pinned for the Lad in question? And let a Wednesday fan come home for a game or 2.

Why can't the club give him a season ticket for life? Least they can do.

Top Man .....

It's about time the government and definately the MOD were brought to acount for what injuries our lads have to endure ,Why they are sent to war in places that don't concern us makes me sick , LET THE FORIEGNERS SORT THEIR OWN CRAP,

AND LEAVE US OUT OF IT,

My heart go's out to Ben and his family,and all military personel that come home injured ,God bless em all

My sentiments on it all exactly but our PM's have their heads up america's arse and they just cant help but stick their noses in things, if they want to kill each other let them get on with it instead of sending our boys out there.

Credit to Ben to overcome all that he should be awarded the freedom of the country for what he has done a true hero maybe we could get him a trip down to the training ground sorted out to meet the players maybe seeing a true hero may humble them a bit and make them appreciate how lucky they are

My lad came home from his toure with post traumatic stress dissorder,partially paralized as well, the mod chucked him out with no pension or any help whatsoever, now i was fuming then ,he is just getting things together after 10 years,And to read what has happened to BEN i am flippinglivid,how can the powers that be get away with it ,its just not right,THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THIS DAMNED COUNTRY, :angry: