late kick off last night

last night's show Paul Robinson said he was talking to a lad named Ben who is a big Wednesday fan and a War Hero he only goes rarely to watch us but he goes to watch Donny cos it's 2 minutes away from where he lives, and how they look after him (presumably he's disabled, not sure) , does anyone know him ?- TBH not sure either how good our matchday experience is for disabled guys? However this lad fought for us - let's get something organised to get this lad to Hillsborough.

Guest Deleted member

last night's show Paul Robinson said he was talking to a lad named Ben who is a big Wednesday fan and a War Hero he only goes rarely to watch us but he goes to watch Donny cos it's 2 minutes away from where he lives, and how they look after him (presumably he's disabled, not sure), and how its a far less depressing experience than watching Wednesday...

megson.gif

Thanks Ronnie don't know if this is the guy but omg !!

He lost both his legs and sustained grievous damage to his spine, skull, pelvis, hands, spleen and ribcage, leaving him in a coma for months.

Incredibly, 23-year-old Ben is still alive almost a year later - according to his doctors the most badly-injured soldier ever to survive.

All his mother wants is to buy a bungalow so she can care for him there.

Yet as recompense for his ruined life, Ben has been offered only £152,150 - little more than half the maximum award for maimed military personnel and less than a third of the £484,000 doled out to an RAF typist who claimed she had suffered repetitive strain injury to her thumb.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-478178/Worst-injured-soldier-survive-awarded-RAF-typist-sore-thumb.html#ixzz1HKr5AUa4

:angry: :angry:

Thanks Ronnie don't know if this is the guy but omg !!

He lost both his legs and sustained grievous damage to his spine, skull, pelvis, hands, spleen and ribcage, leaving him in a coma for months.

Incredibly, 23-year-old Ben is still alive almost a year later - according to his doctors the most badly-injured soldier ever to survive.

All his mother wants is to buy a bungalow so she can care for him there.

Yet as recompense for his ruined life, Ben has been offered only £152,150 - little more than half the maximum award for maimed military personnel and less than a third of the £484,000 doled out to an RAF typist who claimed she had suffered repetitive strain injury to her thumb.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-478178/Worst-injured-soldier-survive-awarded-RAF-typist-sore-thumb.html#ixzz1HKr5AUa4

:angry: :angry:

thats definitely him

Lives in Donny and i know theyve had him at the keepmaot a couple of times

thats definitely him

Lives in Donny and i know theyve had him at the keepmaot a couple of times

thanks for that so we know that's him now,

does he or is he able to get to our matches when he wants, do you know?

Edited by steelowl

i own a london hackney cab and live in penrhyn bay , north wales .

the cab is adapted to carry wheelchair bound folk .

if this lad wants to get to s6 i will pick him up and drive him and his folks to the ground thats the least i can do for what he's sacrificed on our behalf .

total cost zero , i'll pick up the tab myself .

if this lad wants to get to s6 i will pick him up and drive him and his folks to the ground thats the least i can do for what he's sacrificed on our behalf .

Excellent offer mate, one of many for this lad I hope

we need some way of contacting him,- anyone know him?

Guest Deleted member

*wonders where the usual vvankers are who dismiss every story just because it appeared in the Daily Mail*

Good on you mate. That's a top offer.

Mods - I meant to +1 penrhyn's comment but missed and hit the -1, can you alter please.

PBO, really sorry mate, great post and my careless fingers marked it down....