O'donnel..

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Well done Rich.

Very competent performance and two outstanding saves.

Good to see Rob Jones constantly encouraging him.

Bahtt showed the agression that has been missing for a while and was determined not to be bullied.

Reynolds had a poor game tho'.

As a connoisseur of the Ron Springett era I reccon I can spot a keeper. So it was with delight that I came away from the pre-season friendly with, Burton Albion two years ago well pleased with the area commanding performance put in by R O'D I was in hope that he would have got a chance towards the end of the season but relegation put pay to that plus there was pressure from our not very good keeping coach to get him out on loan and install Aaron Jameson as number 2.

Don't get me wrong Aaron is not a bad keeper but he does tend to pose quite a bit as he does his work......To me this means he is concentrating on things other than protecting his goal as effortlessly as he might.

R O'D has finally now been given his opportunity to impress and impress he has. Garry has said anyone who gets the shirt should consider it is theirs to lose I hope he sticks to his word.

On the team performance, there were players out there today who indicated to me that were up for a career at the Wednesday. I was particularly impressed with the 2 new guys, Reynolds and Osbourne. Osbourne did n't get much support from midfield though and as a result the task was far too difficult for Heffernan and Madine.

Still one or two positives to take out of the game, as the man says little steps !

UTO WTID

As a connoisseur of the Ron Springett era I reccon I can spot a keeper. So it was with delight that I came away from the pre-season friendly with, Burton Albion two years ago well pleased with the area commanding performance put in by R O'D I was in hope that he would have got a chance towards the end of the season but relegation put pay to that plus there was pressure from our not very good keeping coach to get him out on loan and install Aaron Jameson as number 2.

Don't get me wrong Aaron is not a bad keeper but he does tend to pose quite a bit as he does his work......To me this means he is concentrating on things other than protecting his goal as effortlessly as he might.

R O'D has finally now been given his opportunity to impress and impress he has. Garry has said anyone who gets the shirt should consider it is theirs to lose I hope he sticks to his word.

On the team performance, there were players out there today who indicated to me that were up for a career at the Wednesday. I was particularly impressed with the 2 new guys, Reynolds and Osbourne. Osbourne did n't get much support from midfield though and as a result the task was far too difficult for Heffernan and Madine.

Still one or two positives to take out of the game, as the man says little steps !

UTO WTID

Reynolds????....you're joking aren't you?

He offers nothing going forward whatsoever and he's got a habit of hooding the ball miles in the air in the wrong direction....dit it twice tonight and just before birminghams first goal in the cup

I was very impressed when he saved the long range effort on about 55 mins i think. Just before, he nearly came for the ball off the corner, he took a couple of steps forward and realised he would never make it, got him self in to position and made a good save. As has been said before on here, most keepers are good shot stoppers, decision making is what lets a lot down.

whats that got to do with anything?

You want to send our best player from tonight, and arguably the last few weeks, back to Villa?

without him tonight we would have been buried well before they scored that second goal.

ROD, Osbourne and Madine all had reasonable games. D Jones did alright, Coke put a bit of fight up.

try engaging whatever you class as a brain before you start ranting on with your poorly thought out opinions.

So engaging your brain?

Presumably your brain thinks that weaver, spurr, beavers, c.Morrison, mellor, r.Johnson and tudgay also dud alright given that they didn't play either???

Poorly thought out opinion anyone?

So engaging your brain?

Presumably your brain thinks that weaver, spurr, beavers, c.Morrison, mellor, r.Johnson and tudgay also dud alright given that they didn't play either???

Poorly thought out opinion anyone?

what are you talking about now you clown? Jones, the centre back that played 90 minutes?

Guest wednesday83

Anyone who thought Osbourne was MOM want to watch the game again. He doesnt close down and there was several times she should have passed but decided he wanted the ball for himself. Passing was on and off as well. To be fair tho, all our midfielders were poor. They just do not close down at all and sit far too deep.

As for ROD, he did well enough for his first start. Looked comfortable and steady. The only mistake he made was for the first goal.

Guest Saturday Owl

Anyone who thought Osbourne was MOM want to watch the game again. He doesnt close down and there was several times she should have passed but decided he wanted the ball for himself. Passing was on and off as well. To be fair tho, all our midfielders were poor. They just do not close down at all and sit far too deep.

As for ROD, he did well enough for his first start. Looked comfortable and steady. The only mistake he made was for the first goal.

Disagree here didn't see it as a mistake from ROD, Madine lost his man and was punished.

Well done Richard, we need to build around him and Madine.

what are you talking about now you clown? Jones, the centre back that played 90 minutes?

Oh dear....compounding your error.......Jones the centre back that played 90 minutes was Rob Jones.......and last time I looked Rob didn't begin with a "D"

Coco

O Donnell was one of a few small positives from another bad day, along with R.Jones, looked like he was trying to lead, which is what we need.

For me, O Donnell and Jameson can fight it out for the number 1 shirt, both have looked excellent when they've been given the chance.

This is a season of nearly no positives but young lads coming through like this can only be a good thing.

Guest Saturday Owl

O Donnell was one of a few small positives from another bad day, along with R.Jones, looked like he was trying to lead, which is what we need.

For me, O Donnell and Jameson can fight it out for the number 1 shirt, both have looked excellent when they've been given the chance.

This is a season of nearly no positives but young lads coming through like this can only be a good thing.

Completely agree, need to give Palmer a chance now ahead of Miller.

Our academy really is poor compared to what United have bled, the two Kyles are top players and were sold for a big fee.

Why can we not do this with our good facilities?

Guest wednesday83

Disagree here didn't see it as a mistake from ROD, Madine lost his man and was punished.

Well done Richard, we need to build around him and Madine.

Watch the goal again later. He puts no one on his post. He shoulda been dishing the orders and he didnt and it cost us a goal. A man on the post and they do not score. It was the only error for me.

Guest Saturday Owl

Watch the goal again later. He puts no one on his post. He shoulda been dishing the orders and he didnt and it cost us a goal. A man on the post and they do not score. It was the only error for me.

Taken into consideration then yes Teale should have been there since he is crap at everything else.

However Madine shouldn't have lost Fonte, shouldn't have put a striker on their threat from a corner though.

Next season can't come quick enough, every post tonight has been negative. :rolleyes:

Completely agree, need to give Palmer a chance now ahead of Miller.

Our academy really is poor compared to what United have bled, the two Kyles are top players and were sold for a big fee.

Why can we not do this with our good facilities?

Has Palmer picked up a knock or something? seems strange for him to be left out if not.

But you're right, its time to bring him in as soon as possible, he needs to get a little stronger i think, but he'll do that with games under his belt.

I'm all for experienced players, but maybe a little desire for the shirt, and confidence of youth is what we need now.

Oh dear....compounding your error.......Jones the centre back that played 90 minutes was Rob Jones.......and last time I looked Rob didn't begin with a "D"

Coco

flip me, i put D instead of R. Quick, call the UN :rolleyes:

As there was only one Jones who played i assumed you would know which one i was talking about. In future, ill make sure i explain everything in easy to digest words for you with pictures and everything, just incase your brain cant put 2 and 2 together.

Clown.