True or False: There will be an OS announcement before 12pm?

I just don't know how there can't be. He should've gone in December, and then how he's survived Exeter, Leyton Orient, Yeovil, and last night I'll never know. By definition we're now in a relegation battle by virtue of being closer to going down than to going up.

I feel we're still in the stage where a bad word can't be said against MM without a storm of abuse and -1's coming your way but it's been obvious for months that Irvine isn't the right man for the long term vision of this football club. I feel like he's been kept on way longer than he should've to the detriment of our league position because MM is either trying to shake the 'trigger happy chairman' image and/or Wilko's LMA involvement. No I'm not having a go at MM I'm just thinking out loud, so put your swords away white knights.

I have 100% trust in the man and love him for saving us but I cannot see a single reason why Irvine is still in the job (unless MM's preferred replacement is currently otherwise engaged?). Is this a 'the night is always darkest before the dawn' moment? Or are we just destined to be crap forever?

Guest PenangOwl

I just don't know how there can't be. He should've gone in December, and then how he's survived Exeter, Leyton Orient, Yeovil, and last night I'll never know. By definition we're now in a relegation battle by virtue of being closer to going down than to going up.

I feel we're still in the stage where a bad word can't be said against MM without a storm of abuse and -1's coming your way but it's been obvious for months that Irvine isn't the right man for the long term vision of this football club. I feel like he's been kept on way longer than he should've to the detriment of our league position because MM is either trying to shake the 'trigger happy chairman' image and/or Wilko's LMA involvement. No I'm not having a go at MM I'm just thinking out loud, so put your swords away white knights.

I have 100% trust in the man and love him for saving us but I cannot see a single reason why Irvine is still in the job (unless MM's preferred replacement is currently otherwise engaged?). Is this a 'the night is always darkest before the dawn' moment? Or are we just destined to be crap forever?

If MM'spreferred choice of manager is still otherwise engaged, weren'te McAuley's results, with a far worse squad than we have now, much better than the results with AI?

I genuinely expected him to be gone when I woke up this morning.

been thinking this for weeks now after games but am now beginning to feel it just won't happen

Exeter, Leyton Orient, Yeovil

He didn't sack him after those three humiliations, so I doubt he'll sack him after a game where, until the red card, we were apparently playing well against a team looking for promotion. As disappointing as last night was, it's nothing like the same scale.

If MM'spreferred choice of manager is still otherwise engaged, weren'te McAuley's results, with a far worse squad than we have now, much better than the results with AI?

totally agree, he deserves credit for the job he did last time before handing over to Laws , give him the reigns again until we sound out the right man for the job.

Judging from the views vs posts ratio of this topic I think some people thought I was saying I had info relating to an OS announcement that was going to happen today. I don't. I was just asking you all whether you believe he'll go this morning.

I genuinely expected him to be gone when I woke up this morning.

Same mate.

He didn't sack him after those three humiliations, so I doubt he'll sack him after a game where, until the red card, we were apparently playing well against a team looking for promotion. As disappointing as last night was, it's nothing like the same scale.

The only crumb of hope I've got left is that MM has a long term plan and is willing to take this short term damage to see it properly set in motion.

It's been said before about are these Irvine's signing's or Milans signing's. Milan came out saying we want 3 more loans. Has he got someone in the back ready to come in and Milan has negotiated with this person which players he wants. Just a thought with what's going on.

ive kinda accepted he is here for the remainder of the season, or at least wont be sacked anytime soon

I fully expected an announcement after the Orient game and im sick of F5'ing in anticipation of it in the games since

Its got to the point that even outsiders and neutrals are wondering why he hasnt gone

The only slight glimmer of hope i can take, is that if Howard was influencing Milans decision in any way hes obviously now gone and it will just be a matter of time

When they scored there 4th last night two guys behind me started saying "oh well at least he will get sacked in the morning now" and so on!

Turned around and said I wouldn't be so sure, I've just got that feeling he's here for the long run.

I honestly don't know what's keeping him in the job though.