JJ Why Alan Why

Looked a totally different player when switched to the left. Much happier and attacked with real purpose.

So why play him on the right. ?

Right side is his natural position, he's had many good games playing there so its hardly surprising he starts there, yes he's effective from the left but that coincided with Hereford going down to 10 men and chasing the game which gave him much more room and time on the ball he'd previously not had earlier in the game

Personally I believe he is better on the left cutting in on his right foot. His pace when doing this causes mayhem when he plays on the left.

When he tries to do it from the right he loses control as his left foot is poor.

Just an observation from today.

Personally I believe he is better on the left cutting in on his right foot. His pace when doing this causes mayhem when he plays on the left.

When he tries to do it from the right he loses control as his left foot is poor.

Just an observation from today.

Thats true but teams will generally double up on him and 'show' him outside onto his weaker foot, it was only when Hereford were a man down and chasing the game that he really got space. I dont mind him on either side to be honest, its beneficial to the team that both Teale and JJ can play either side, it gives us the option of switching them like today and causing the opposition problems..

Looked a totally different player when switched to the left. Much happier and attacked with real purpose.

Have you watched AI press conference after the game on WW, not the RS interview the actual WW conference. He fully explains the reasons why we went down the left (Kenny Lunt) and why we were so ineffective down the right in the first half (Tommy Spurr). It is quite insightful. Watch it, you may learn something........

Edited by scotty_owl

Sorry, but the rules state that you can't knock Irvine for playing players in their right positions!

Instead focus on the good tactical change for once.

I agree with it was a great tactical change.

After seeing the chaos caused by JJ from the Left wouldn't it give us another option to start him there.

Or is it set in stone he MUST start on the right and more than likely remain ineffective.

I always believe this, I reckon its because when he plays on the left he is forced to cut inside. Was very dangerous today.

Have you watched AI press conference after the game on WW, not the RS interview the actual WW conference. He fully explains the reasons why we went down the left (Kenny Lunt) and why we were so ineffective down the right in the first half (Tommy Spurr). It is quite insightful. Watch it, you may learn something........

Ok i haven't seen that and I will have a look.

It's not just today I'm talking about I'm talking about most of the time with JJ. I don't think we are getting enough out of him down the right.

Ok i haven't seen that and I will have a look.

It's not just today I'm talking about I'm talking about most of the time with JJ. I don't think we are getting enough out of him down the right.

To be fair I don't think JJ knows when he is going to turn up or not. Watch the press conference, makes a lot of sense especially the bit about the emphasis on Kenny Lunt having watched how the game transpired its clear to see why we were so effective on the left throughout. This includes why Mark Reynolds was left out in favour DJ.

Thats true but teams will generally double up on him and 'show' him outside onto his weaker foot, it was only when Hereford were a man down and chasing the game that he really got space. I dont mind him on either side to be honest, its beneficial to the team that both Teale and JJ can play either side, it gives us the option of switching them like today and causing the opposition problems..

Just like what charlton did against us which was why teal went off

Just like what charlton did against us which was why teal went off

Guest Hirsty76

I gave him some verbal when he came over to us on the kop after scoring. He's got that ability in his locker but couldn't be arsed the first hour. It's no good him doing it for half an hour against ten men, we need it week in, week out. Yes that's why he's in League One with us, but at some point he has to start doing it on a consistent basis. If he doesn't then we need to find someone who will.

Guest wrightson

everyone knows JJ is inconsistent and knowing that play him on the left and teale on the right. For one if Jones is behind JJ we wont be totally ineffective down that side and secondly JJ could just score a screamer from outside the box or take 2 or 3 players on and score. We need that in the team so putting him on the left we arent becoming so lopsided that our 2 best attacking players to put the ball in the box (jones and teale) are on the same side

Now had a look at the Irvine interview and I recognise the reason we needed to attack down the left. (Kenny Lunt)

However............. most of the match we were poor if we are honest. Why were JJand Teale not switched more often when things were clearly not going our way.

It was not until the penalty that we got things going ............ against 10 men. Surely when things arent working you look at changing something.

Now had a look at the Irvine interview and I recognise the reason we needed to attack down the left. (Kenny Lunt)

However............. most of the match we were poor if we are honest. Why were JJand Teale not switched more often when things were clearly not going our way.

It was not until the penalty that we got things going ............ against 10 men. Surely when things arent working you look at changing something.

it's a game of chess, some moves come off, some don't

the turning point was them going down to ten men and we capitalised

about time

Guest Deleted member

Not watched the WW interview - but we were saying for most of the game it was clear JJ was getting frustrated with the lack of distribution down the right from Tommy - who can't kick at all with his right foot and constantly had to bring the ball inside on to his left foot... very frustrating.

as has been said before....one flash of skill doesn't make him some sort of legend. still a vastly over rated and inconsistent player. Gave the ball away far too much for a lot of the game as he did last Tuesday.

And still mincing round with those flipping stupid boots........what is he a flipping Jamacan Billy Connolly tribute!