Sean McAuley

I dont think Irvine has delivered thus far, that is clear. Despite that, I would like to see him given slightly longer to see if he can get his players playing. I certainly dont wanna get rid simply to bring in some of the other names being banded about just to get rid of them in another 12 months time as its not working out again.

Some of the names being suggested I dont think would be a move forward (though I accept that some fans think their gran as boss would be a step forward right now)....

anyway, got me thinking. If Irvine goes, would anyone accept Sean McAuley as the new boss? I personally would be keen to give that a go.

I dont think Irvine has delivered thus far, that is clear. Despite that, I would like to see him given slightly longer to see if he can get his players playing. I certainly dont wanna get rid simply to bring in some of the other names being banded about just to get rid of them in another 12 months time as its not working out again.

Some of the names being suggested I dont think would be a move forward (though I accept that some fans think their gran as boss would be a step forward right now)....

anyway, got me thinking. If Irvine goes, would anyone accept Sean McAuley as the new boss? I personally would be keen to give that a go.

NOT a flipping chance.

MM would want a proven man not someone who struck lucky for a few games a few years back

Guest intercity0wl

Think out of all the daft idea's so far, thats the daftest. But im sure somebody will still try and beat it.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest Distraught!

Think out of all the daft idea's so far, thats the daftest. But im sure somebody will still try and beat it.

I'm up for a challenge - how about Richard Hinds as Player Manager?

:biggrin::ohmy:

Dream On! that would be amazing tho

Why dream?

Ask the question, he's been out of football for 2 1/2 years, so if he does want to get back into football why hasn't he got a job yet. He's stated he wants to get back into football. No Debt, money to spend on players, big club big support. What more could he want. I can't see any premiership jobs coming up soon (He ain't going back to West Ham) so ask the question. It would show ambition and gives us stability. He would be here for 5 seasons at least!

Why dream?

Ask the question, he's been out of football for 2 1/2 years, so if he does want to get back into football why hasn't he got a job yet. He's stated he wants to get back into football. No Debt, money to spend on players, big club big support. What more could he want. I can't see any premiership jobs coming up soon (He ain't going back to West Ham) so ask the question. It would show ambition and gives us stability. He would be here for 5 seasons at least!

I wonder how much he does wanna get back into it. I was chatting to him in a pub up town in the summer and just got the impression he is happy doing after dinner speeches and the odd bit of TV.

Maybe the time has come for a new challenge. He would absolutely be my No1 choice if we could get him.

His football aint alwways exciting tho.....

Why dream?

Absolutely, Curbs would be my no 1 choice no doubt. Could be a possiblity too, definately a big challenge which could appeal to him.

Amazing to think he's only ever managed 2 clubs, been succesfull at both though.