Sean McAuley

He actually got the team playing last time around while we found a new manager, I wouldnt be opposed to him replacing AI for now till we find the right man

I dont think Irvine has delivered thus far, that is clear. Despite that, I would like to see him given slightly longer to see if he can get his players playing. I certainly dont wanna get rid simply to bring in some of the other names being banded about just to get rid of them in another 12 months time as its not working out again.

Some of the names being suggested I dont think would be a move forward (though I accept that some fans think their gran as boss would be a step forward right now)....

anyway, got me thinking. If Irvine goes, would anyone accept Sean McAuley as the new boss? I personally would be keen to give that a go.

Hello Sean.

“IF” we could get Curbishley, there is no doubt he could do a good job, he would need some time however.

Would we all (Milan included) be ready to accept another year in this godforsaken league, to give a better than average chance of automatic promotion next season.

Then 2 years building in the championship, with promotion back to the Promised Land?

SENARIO for us to contemplate

3 years down the line in the premiership we are sat mid table, with an odd year grabbing a spot in Europe.

After that the itchy trigger finger gets going and 2 years later we are back in this godforsaken league.

Not quite the same scenario as Charlton, but close.

He built a good squad, had the respect of the players and (with all due respect to Charlton) kept them there, or thereabouts. Some bright spark started thinking a different manager can make us one of the top 4 clubs, year in year out!

He got the bullet, and they dropped like a rock.

If this one got pulled off he would be our Alex Ferguson, but with premiership mid table mediocrity with the odd year in Europe,

would this suffuse?

Or would fans be calling for his head if we didn’t win the F.A cup every other year?.