How many managers

28 permanent 4 caretaker.

Shortest permanent reign - Peter Eustace - 18 matches

Longest - Arthur Dickinson - 919

Most successful (on % wins) Harry Catterick - 55%

Least - Peter Eustace - 11%

AI is actually the 5th most successful. Although I think those results are skewed since we are in a sh!t league.

All have been English except 3 scots, 1 welsh and 1 NI.

Until the mid 90's most managers were here for a while- averaging over 5 years

Since then we've had 10 different managers with Laws being here the longest by a good distance

AI is actually the 5th most successful. Although I think those results are skewed since we are in a sh!t league.

Since then we've had 10 different managers with Laws being here the longest by a good distance

surprised me that, longest running Arthur Dickinson...it's appeared to me to be alan irvine at times...

Very interesting!

Can't beleive Laws has been here the longest out of the last 10 years. Some interesting stuff there.

Thanks for posting that!

My first game watching Wednesday was 3 or 4 games from the end of the Jack Charlton reign. That's nearly 30 bloody years of watching Wednesday, in that time I think we've had 16 Appointments and out of those only 4 maybe 5 can be considered a success, a couple maintained the status quo and the rest achieved nothing.

Over the past ten years we must have had nearly 10 Managers, none of which have proved a resounding success. Obviously there are reasons for that, however there are Managers that have been successful despite the prediciment that their club is in.

I would love to know what the selection process is?

My first game watching Wednesday was 3 or 4 games from the end of the Jack Charlton reign. That's nearly 30 bloody years of watching Wednesday, in that time I think we've had 16 Appointments and out of those only 4 maybe 5 can be considered a success, a couple maintained the status quo and the rest achieved nothing.

Over the past ten years we must have had nearly 10 Managers, none of which have proved a resounding success. Obviously there are reasons for that, however there are Managers that have been successful despite the prediciment that their club is in.

I would love to know what the selection process is?

You're a flipping jinx mate.........

think i can name 6 caretakers .......jim and tommy mac ...bill green ...mark smith ...mcauley and gerry young

think i can name 6 caretakers .......jim and tommy mac ...bill green ...mark smith ...mcauley and gerry young

I got all my info from the ever reliable wikipedia (which at the top says there have been 27 permanent managers but lists 28) so I will happily concede that there may be mistakes.

Around the same time that the internet, forums and fan groups become more common / popular... increasing fan pressures having an effect?

Around the same time that the internet, forums and fan groups become more common / popular... increasing fan pressures having an effect?

yes,i think you may have apoint

presonally i think irvine is worth persisting with,not that im happy with this current run,but i feel also that the pressure is being created by internet fans who dont atually go to the games week in week out

they latch on to what the bigger boys say on places like this

in truth we have a very good manager,but compleatly underestimate the size of the job he has

10/15 years of cronic mismanagement,

under investment in the playing sqaud

poor signings with the little money we had

selling of our best assets and not replacing them

basically we have been abused for years,and now we are turning on a good manager,who is in the middle of rebuilding