Milan Mandaric

While MM has the right to ask fans for patience and to give AI our support, he hasn't had to put up with the absolute dross we have for the last year.

Personnel has now changed to be AI's team and even if some believe they haven't gelled, the tactics and style of play has not altered one bit. If you have a system you prefer you bring in people to fit that system.

Long Ball, percentage football has a bigman upfront alongside usually a nipper foward, two quick wingers and two grafters in the middle. From the people he signed in the summer he couldn't even do that properly.

So we can take the arguement of not his team out of the equation when discussing tactics.

We are simply awful to watch. That background din you get in a boozer reverberates around Hillsborough, not an atmosphere, a din of peopel talking about what they have done that day, planning to day or their neighbour allows their dog to poo poo on your lawn, that sort of stuff.

So we are crap to watch and the punters are bored. For MM it has been going on for two months, for us what seems like an eternity.

Earlier in the season I wanted AI to prove us all wrong and stick two fingers up at us as we cruised for promotion. He is just sticking two fingers up at us.

I am all for patience. I would rather us build slowly and get into the promised land on a sound stable basis. If it takes more than five years, so be it. I never want us to get a dead weight around our neck again where we are all discussing whether going into Admin is a prospect worth visiting.

I refuse to criticise MM for finally lifting the gloom over Hillsborough but please MM we have witnessed a year of the crap that is offered to us weekly. It looks as though this is the only way AI knows how to play.

He is killing our enthusiasm to attend. Once people stop going it is very hard to entice them back.

It would not be so bad if you could tell what AI was trying to do. I could offer sympathy for him if the players are not upto it.

However we have no idea what is his doing. We have a better chance of choosing the lottery numbers than chosing a team and what formation they are going to play in.

Edited by web_owls

I honestly can't understand how anyone could think that continuing the omnishambles that has been Alan Irvine's tenure as manager would be a good thing.

The fans are DESPERATE to be able to 'get behind the team' with the end of the off-the-field shenanagans and MM coming in. Lord knows we've had precious little to smile about in the last 10-15 years.

The players are Irvine's players - he's had more leeway to sign players than any other manager in our recent history. They seem to like him personally and are genuinely trying to keep him his job. Many of them are seasoned professionals who have done well at other clubs.

So how come we continue to lurch from one humiliation to the next? We look like a pub team at times - even the games we have won (with a couple of exceptions like Hartlepool) have been dour, miserable slogfests.

What about the last 13 months of AI's reign gives the impression that he will be able to turn it around with the addition of yet more players?

I honestly thought Milan had a few more weeks before the top lads turned on him.

The delusion within our fanbase is f'kin incredible.

I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Just happened quicker than i thought.

Perhaps we should show a bit more respect to Mr Mandaric for what he's done.

Honestly think some members of our fanbase rank as the worse in the country.

Here he comes again on another self-righteous moral crusade (whilst ironically scattergunning anything that moves with the same accusation).

Given your burgeoning reputation for fantasy and fraud I'm not sure why I bothered, but a quick look through every post in this thread reveals one (that's O-N-E) poster who has openly criticised the chairman. Whether he qualifies as a 'top lad' (whatever that means) is open to debate. The rest of the thread is filled with people placing their faith in him.

Put the placards away, calm yourself down and stop imagining things.

Guest Sniper1

I honestly can't understand how anyone could think that continuing the omnishambles that has been Alan Irvine's tenure as manager would be a good thing.

The fans are DESPERATE to be able to 'get behind the team' with the end of the off-the-field shenanagans and MM coming in. Lord knows we've had precious little to smile about in the last 10-15 years.

The players are Irvine's players - he's had more leeway to sign players than any other manager in our recent history. They seem to like him personally and are genuinely trying to keep him his job. Many of them are seasoned professionals who have done well at other clubs.

So how come we continue to lurch from one humiliation to the next? We look like a pub team at times - even the games we have won (with a couple of exceptions like Hartlepool) have been dour, miserable slogfests.

What about the last 13 months of AI's reign gives the impression that he will be able to turn it around with the addition of yet more players?

The thread isn't about Irvine is it mongo.

Milan Mandaric is for whatever reason is giving Alan more time, i think he should get rid now but im not going to be paying him compo am i.

Can you not see that if Milan doesn't break to the fan pressure then these idiots will turn on Milan, its started here.

shuffle support and very f'kin short memories.

Said this before - it's going to take our fans a bit of getting used to... having the main man in charge.

Just relax and let MM do the stressing, he's a man with a plan and £10m of his OWN money in the club.

He's a 'hands on chairman and absolutely will have a plan for removing lado.

My view for what it's worth, he's gone when things get sorted regardless of results.

Patience.

I heard that MM was holding out for the dream team of Andy Gray with Richard Keys as assistant. We've got Gray; if we could only wait a couple of days for Keys...... Where's my recording of Keys asking Helen Chamberlain to get her boobies out????

Keys has resigned.

Do I get a whoosh?

Said this before - it's going to take our fans a bit of getting used to... having the main man in charge.

Just relax and let MM do the stressing, he's a man with a plan and £10m of his OWN money in the club.

He's a 'hands on chairman and absolutely will have a plan for removing lado.

My view for what it's worth, he's gone when things get sorted regardless of results.

Patience.

Thats just it though, fans have ran out of patience they aren't going anymore. Season ticket holders are stopping attending because of ONE MAN. This man is stopping our Saturday enjoyment and fully UNITING this club. What part of this is so difficult for a moinority of fans and THE CHAIRMAN to understand.

The fans do not and will never back this manager. So why waste time and lose income through the tills before acting? This is a decision I cannot understand from a chairman who is clearly no mug. I am asking the question.

Guest Sniper1

Here he comes again on another self-righteous moral crusade (whilst ironically scattergunning anything that moves with the same accusation).

Given your burgeoning reputation for fantasy and fraud I'm not sure why I bothered, but a quick look through every post in this thread reveals one (that's O-N-E) poster who has openly criticised the chairman. Whether he qualifies as a 'top lad' (whatever that means) is open to debate. The rest of the thread is filled with people placing their faith in him.

Put the placards away, calm yourself down and stop imagining things.

:blush:

Where there is negativity.

Alright DJ.

Reading

Where did i show any support to Irvine? i think he's out of his depth.

I suggest reading the post before jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

Milan Mandaric thinks its in the best interest of the club to keep Irvine in charge.

I trust him.

Milan isn't going to make decisions to please us every time, he as a f'kin business to run.

We can't start f'kin crying because he's not doing what we want.

Where would we be without him?

Its started. :angry:

Thats just it though, fans have ran out of patience they aren't going anymore. Season ticket holders are stopping attending because of ONE MAN. This man is stopping our Saturday enjoyment and fully UNITING this club. What part of this is so difficult for a moinority of fans and THE CHAIRMAN to understand.

The fans do not and will never back this manager. So why waste time and lose income through the tills before acting? This is a decision I cannot understand from a chairman who is clearly no mug. I am asking the question.

Like I say stop stressing, do you really think our crapness on the pitch is lost on him?

It's all about the target, not the incumbent.

Just play the long game and have an extra pint before the match to take the edge off.

Milan Mandaric is for whatever reason is giving Alan more time, i think he should get rid now but im not going to be paying him compo am i.

Can you not see that if Milan doesn't break to the fan pressure then these idiots will turn on Milan, its started here.

We are discussing MM's apparent decision to give Irvine more time. Something which I and it seems many others think is counterproductive. I have given my reasons why I believe this to be the case in my previous post. .

It is possible to disagree with something that Manderic has apparently decided without 'turning' on him. In fact, is that not the kind of thing a 'discussion forum' is for?

Dumbass.

Guest Triplej2

You need to stop mugging yourself off pal.

Guest Sniper1

One f'kin decision you don't like. :blink:

The decision of getting rid of Irvine is the easy one, who to get in is the big f'ker.

We can't rush in and make the wrong choice.

I suppose Milan is learning from previous experiences too.

Milan says not to panic, what are we (you) doing?

:rolleyes: