Milan Mandaric

Just like his relentless bumping of that thread in the boardroom section where he was working harder than anyone else to keep alive an issue he insisted everyone else was rabid about, does anyone else get the impression that Sniper1 is absolutely desperate for anti-Mandaric feeling to grow (even if he has to basically start it himself) in order to justify himself and prove what an all-round great bloke he is, and what worthless scum the rest of us are?

Weird.

Lets start on MM now after 6 weeks in charge. Great idea.

Lets call it gently nudging him to make the right decision. I think MM's brilliant but this is Irvine going?yes? no? Is doing

my f*ing head in. I wake the hubby up not with goodmorning but "he's still not gone!".

:laugh:

Danny f'kin Dyer of Owlstalk, :laugh:

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (aka Sniper) - He is best known for his grandiose and grossly unrealistic propaganda broadcasts prior to and during the war (season), extolling the invincibility of the Iraqi Army (Alan Irvine) and the permanence of Saddam's rule (automatic promotion). His announcements were intended for an Iraqi domestic audience (gullible Owlstalkers) subject to Saddam's cult of personality and total state censorship, and were met with widespread derision and amusement by Western nationals (rational Owlstalkers)and others with access to up-to-date information from international media organizations.

Guest Sniper1

We are discussing MM's apparent decision to give Irvine more time. Something which I and it seems many others think is counterproductive. I have given my reasons why I believe this to be the case in my previous post. .

It is possible to disagree with something that Manderic has apparently decided without 'turning' on him. In fact, is that not the kind of thing a 'discussion forum' is for?

Dumbass.

Our fanbase is just so used to being f'kin shafted, give Milan some credit FFS.

We all think Irvine should go now, for whatever reason its not happened yet.

Some people are supporting Milans decision some are questioning it.

Like ive said, short memory.

If Milan hadn't stepped in then we wouldn't be discussing it because 3/4 weeks ago we couldn't afford to sack him.

Some of you need to take your heads from up your arses and appreciate what our new chairman did for us.

I do not want to defend AI at all BUT the time to protest is not during a match, it is after the match.

Just think all you boo boys and girls. It may very well be YOUR fault in concentrating upon your favourite target of AI, instead of supporting and backing the team you allege to support, that is the main reason for the problems that the team experience in settling to the task in hand.

You wanted change in the board room and that wish was granted. The club is now owned by MM, so now just trust in MM, he knows what is required and he has the experience and background. Remember that Rome was not built in a day and required the backing of ALL the populous to become successful.

Back the team even when it is playing badly. Your support for the players may well be just the lift that is needed to turn the tide and provide what we all want - promotion. Continually to barrack AI and get on the players backs during matches - then it will be YOUR fault for the failure. Leave MM to decide who he wishes to be manager / coach and the players to be brought to the club.

Guest Sniper1

Just like his relentless bumping of that thread in the boardroom section where he was working harder than anyone else to keep alive an issue he insisted everyone else was rabid about, does anyone else get the impression that Sniper1 is absolutely desperate for anti-Mandaric feeling to grow (even if he has to basically start it himself) in order to justify himself and prove what an all-round great bloke he is, and what worthless scum the rest of us are?

Weird.

You are one strange bloke DJ.

Its quite simple isn't it, I'm trusting Mr Manadric to make the right call, others are not.

You don't need to look any deeper than that, its there for all to read.

You do severely lack common sense, probably why we don't see eye to eye.

Not everybody has a motive.

Your bitterness is verging on funny at times.

The thankfulness that the club still exists has quickly given way to the impatience of 'entitlement'.

'We're Wednesday, we deserve to be back in the Championship!'

I think people need a bit of perspective on how far we've come in 2 months. So what if we don't go up this season. Building for the future is the message that has come from MM himself. Maybe he recognised his quickfire reactions to results at Leicester didn't pay the dividends he hoped and is now trying an alternative approach. This club should know, as well as any, that changing managers brings short term solutions with the 'honeymoon' period, but real progress needs patience.

I agree to a certain extent..........it does seem a tad ungrateful to be issuing Milan with ultimatums before he's even settled in..

And although I've virtually given up on promotion anyway......can we build for the future with another manager please.

I do not want to defend AI at all BUT the time to protest is not during a match, it is after the match.

Just think all you boo boys and girls. It may very well be YOUR fault in concentrating upon your favourite target of AI, instead of supporting and backing the team you allege to support, that is the main reason for the problems that the team experience in settling to the task in hand.

You wanted change in the board room and that wish was granted. The club is now owned by MM, so now just trust in MM, he knows what is required and he has the experience and background. Remember that Rome was not built in a day and required the backing of ALL the populous to become successful.

Back the team even when it is playing badly. Your support for the players may well be just the lift that is needed to turn the tide and provide what we all want - promotion. Continually to barrack AI and get on the players backs during matches - then it will be YOUR fault for the failure. Leave MM to decide who he wishes to be manager / coach and the players to be brought to the club.

lol another queens park ranger with a cup full of posts decides to defend the indefensible. There is NO LOGIC whatsoever in keeping this man on, if al you can offer is 'in milan we trust' as to viable reasons why we as a club benefit with Alan Irvine as manager then your post is about as meaningless as our current manager.

Its quite simple isn't it, I'm trusting Mr Manadric to make the right call, others are not.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3qYe9RVIRRiHOHT.jpg

Why can't I see (nor anyone else for that matter) that you are the voice of reason?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest Triplej2

It's just so weird the way your views change and mutate and interesting how they're generally swimming against the tide.

Guest Sniper1

It's just so weird the way your views change and mutate and interesting how they're generally swimming against the tide.

Swimming against the tide?

You mean about 5 posters on Owlstalk.

DJ, Reading and a couple more bitter followers.

The bitterness towards SWFC whether its players, managers or chairman is a f'kin joke.

You people are so ungrateful and clearly can not move on for whatever reasons. I would hate to feel like this about something i was supposed to love.

I probably don't understand though because ive only been on Owlstalk for a couple of years.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I have to admit it was poor last night. I couldn't believe how inept the players were when Yeovil went down to 9 men- we just resorted to hoof ball.

Though the biggest worry has to be the 'attitude' of some sections of our fans. At this moment in time there is any wonder a player or manager for that matter would want to come into our club. The same fans who define R Johnson (THE RADIATOR) as a hero after 90mins-slate Madine after 30 mins- only to describe him as a 'goal-machine' 15 minutes later. The same section of fans that 'boo' Purse out of the club are now calling for Irvine's head. The attitude of some fans on these forums, on Radio Sheffield and in the stands is infecting our beloved club- it is fickle at best.

For me Irvine should be given the chance to finish his recruitment of players, give them time to settle, and then be judged on his results. The fans need to realise that at this time the club is in 'transition'. There were 4 new players on show last night and a new team takes time to gel- it doesn't just happen overnight. The problems at present are because of the fans 'expectations' which have been raised due to the takeover. However this is not a time for divide- we need to come together and understand the situation for what it is- a new page, a new beginning- call it what you will. When something 'new' is being developed in any walk of life it takes time to evolve or to grow. We need to unite and back the team like we did second half against Charlton. I can, fully, understand the fans frustrations-it has been a long dark period in the clubs history. But lets face it, we could have been without a club if MM hadn't have come in. Milan was quoted as saying that the Owls fans were the reason why he came to the club in the first place- we deserved success. Well lets trust him and the process and allow him to make the correct decisions without undue pressure. For gods sake, lads, the cloud has been lifted- lets remain optimistic, and realistic, and support our club no matter what!

UTO

ps I am sure I will get some negative marks- but so be it, that facility is a farce anyway....

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

lol another queens park ranger with a cup full of posts decides to defend the indefensible. There is NO LOGIC whatsoever in keeping this man on, if al you can offer is 'in milan we trust' as to viable reasons why we as a club benefit with Alan Irvine as manager then your post is about as meaningless as our current manager.

If you actually read my post, I am NOT defending AI or saying that he should be kept on. What I am saying is that if you continue to barack the players during a game then YOU will be part of the problem for the failure to achieve what we all want - promotion. Or is that your intent?

Guest Triplej2

Swimming against the tide?

You mean about 5 posters on Owlstalk.

DJ, Reading and a couple more bitter followers.

The bitterness towards SWFC whether its players, managers or chairman is a f'kin joke.

You people are so ungrateful and clearly can not move on for whatever reasons. I would hate to feel like this about something i was supposed to love.

I probably don't understand though because ive only been on Owlstalk for a couple of years.

you make me look popular on here, keep it up :happy::biggrin:

Milan saved this club from oblivion, and any Wednesday fan worth his salt will be forever grateful.

I have absolute faith that we will eventually achieve great success under Milan.

However, our progress is being stifled by the seeming refusal to sack Alan Irvine.

I think its pretty clear to nearly everyone that Irvine isn't the man for the job.

The team really scraped the bottom of the barrel last night, and a few more performances like that and will be down to 14,000.

Time for Milan to get ruthless.

Nick Parker was thrown out the door when it became clear that he wasn't up to the task.

Its now time for Alan Irvine to follow.

I have to admit it was poor last night. I couldn't believe how inept the players were when Yeovil went down to 9 men- we just resorted to hoof ball.

Though the biggest worry has to be the 'attitude' of some sections of our fans. At this moment in time there is any wonder a player or manager for that matter would want to come into our club. We are fickle- the same fans who define THE RADIATOR as a hero after 90mins-slate Madine after 30 mins- only to contrast him as a 'goal-machine' 15 minutes later. The same section of fans that 'boo' Purse out of the club are now calling for Irvine's head. The attitude of some fans on these forums, on Radio Sheffield and in the stands is infecting our beloved club.

For me Irvine should be given the chance to finish his recruitment of players, give them time to settle, and then be judged on his results. The fans need to realise that at this time the club is in 'transition'. There were 4 new players on show last night and a new team takes time to gel- it doesn't just happen overnight. The problems at present are because of the fans 'expectations' which have been raised due to the takeover. However this is not a time for divide- we need to come together and understand the situation for what it is- a new page, a new beginning- call it what you will. When something 'new' is being developed in any walk of life it takes time to evolve or to grow. We need to unite and back the team like we did second half against Charlton. I can, fully, understand the fans frustrations-it has been a long dark period in the clubs history. But lets face it, we could have been without a club if MM hadn't have come in. Milan was quoted as saying that the Owls fans were the reason why he came to the club in the first place- we deserved success. Well lets trust him and the process and allow him to make the correct decisions without undue pressure. For gods sake, lads, the cloud has been lifted- lets remain optimistic, and realistic, and support our club no matter what!

UTO

ps I am sure I will get some negative marks- but so be it, that facility is a farce anyway....

Absolute twaddle

We were second favourites with the bookies for the league, We had the 3rd highest wage budget in the division before the takeover. We had a squad which Captain Clueless said was a 'Championship Squad'. Why the hell shouldnt there be a certain level of expectation that in the 3RD TIER OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL we might, just might rip a new ass of the likes of Yeovil at home and not get thumped 4-0 at Orient or 5-1 at Exeter.

Deary deary me. APATHY and DELUSION at its most prevalent here.

Edited by BobsMagicCalculator