TANGO

Guest wistowowl

Guest wistowowl

I've grown up sitting in the South stand as my Dad was a season ticket holder for the past 20 some years. I have sat on the Kop plenty of times as well and traveled to quite a few away games so I have seen my fair share of the one and only Tango!!

I once shook his hand at a friendly at Huddersfield about 10 years ago and always thought of him as a Fans fave...............However!!

Last night and the last 2/3 home games I have attended I have noticed that some supporters (actually quite a few) seem not to be too fond of his bare chested, chant enducing antics.

I dont go to enough games to have an opinion on him so I wondered what other people thought of this? Is he good for the atmosphere? He always seems to start well and then fade towards the 70th minute...........

Edited by wistowowl

Guest intercity0wl

I've grown up sitting in the South stand as my Dad was a season ticket holder for the past 20 some years. I have sat on the Kop plenty of times as well and traveled to quite a few away games so I have seen my fair share of the one and only Tango!!

I once shook his hand at a friendly at Huddersfield about 10 years ago and always thought of him as a Fans fave...............However!!

Last night and the last 2/3 home games I have attended I have noticed that some supporters (actually quite a few) seem not to be too fond of his bare chested, chant enducing antics.

I dont go to enough games to have an opinion on him so I wondered what other people thought of this? Is he good for the atmosphere? He always seems to start well and then fade towards the 70th minute...........

Probably because he knows he has to travel all the way back to the Black country having already had to do it to get up here, usually without a win to celebrate for his efforts.

The guy is a pleasant, and polite ( if you can understand Noddy Holder speak), who brings no trouble, and puts his Money where his mouth is by being a home and away S/T Holder, even though every games is an away game, wish we had more like Paul.

Bumped into him at Brentford this year, could hardly understand a word he said.

Harmless enough bloke, some may not love him but dont really see how anybody could object to him.

Also have to give the guy credit, if I went shirtless in temperatures of -3, id be seriously ill.

Hats off to him.

Edited by leea8331

I bet you wouldnt be able to last 90 mins topless in these cold temps at night matches and after singing all time for 70 mins I would be out of breath I dont know about you?. I think he is nice guy and has Wednesday at his heart way he must do as he comes game after game home and away and lives in Birmingham I think.

Guest intercity0wl

Walking from Leyton tube station on saturday to the ground the bloke and his followers were a total and utter embarrassment.

Total *** at times

Why ?.

*** but can't fault his turnouts, goes everywhere

Also got a response from Irvine to give a wave last night, was funny to AI wave to one fan though

Decent bloke. I rocked up at Colchester this season with my Mrs and parked up the ground with intention of making way into town. Tango was stood in the car park and had just ordered a taxi for him and a couple of others to get into town. I asked him for the number for taxi firm, instead he rang em back and got them to send a bigger one so me and the Mrs could jump in with him which I thort was good of him.

He is always good fun and gets the crowd going... best thing about Tango is that he loves Wednesday.... for that he gets the thumbs up from me.