has Manderic mellowed

in years gone by MM has never tolerated failure, he pumped his own money in on a frequent basis so understandably wanted success. he hired and fired at the slightest sign of the manager not coming up with the goods.

now at hillsborough he has overseen only one league victory, listened to the massive concerns from the fanbase about the dire football we have been playing despite " having the best squad in the division".

he wants success, we want success but without the right man at the helm this will never happen.

Dont let us down, do the right thing and lets get this club back on track.

UTO

rumbleing hell, in the grand scheme of things he's been here five minutes.

Look, he might be old enough to be my grandad but let's be honest, he's not an idiot. He knows what he's doing - and more importantly he absolutely won't be afraid to make the right decision.

I trust him, he'll make the right call and he'll do it at the right time.

I think this is clear evidence that Milan has reached a good place in life. We all know that happiness isn't something that can be attained instantly. It's something that you have to work towards. I think this Irvine 'saga' shows that Milan has been reflecting on his long and successful life and has drawn some very big conclusions about the human condition, that there's more to life than money, what about respect for your fellow man? Nurturing talent instead of being so quick to chastise. Loving thy neighbour.

Dont let us down, do the right thing and lets get this club back on track.

Poor attitude, that.

I dislike Alan as much as the next guy, but Mandaric would have a hard time trying to do anything that would let me down.

I trust Milan is working in the best interests of SWFC so if he decides to stick with Irvine (for whatever reason) I'll be disappointed, but I certainly wouldn't be able to tell him to do otherwise. It may be 'our' club, but he's earned the right to be able to take his own actions for (what he believes are) our own good. He's asked for our support in the decisions he makes, popular or unpopular, and I'll be sticking behind whatever Mandaric chooses to do for the foreseeable future, whether I agree with his decisions or not.

Poor attitude, that.

I dislike Alan as much as the next guy, but Mandaric would have a hard time trying to do anything that would let me down.

I trust Milan is working in the best interests of SWFC so if he decides to stick with Irvine (for whatever reason) I'll be disappointed, but I certainly wouldn't be able to tell him to do otherwise. It may be 'our' club, but he's earned the right to be able to take his own actions for (what he believes are) our own good. He's asked for our support in the decisions he makes, popular or unpopular, and I'll be sticking behind whatever Mandaric chooses to do for the foreseeable future, whether I agree with his decisions or not.

Really? Why does questioning this mean you are against Milan? I love the man for what he did by ousting those from power, it doesn't mean though that we all collectively bend over no questions asked. And it certainly doesn't mean we're against the man.

I think its a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

Really? Why does questioning this mean you are against Milan? I love the man for what he did by ousting those from power, it doesn't mean though that we all collectively bend over no questions asked. And it certainly doesn't mean we're against the man.

I think its a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

It's not really bending over "no questions asked" though. I qualified my statement with "I believe he's working in the best interests of SWFC" which while ever I believe that statement to be true I couldn't really have much of a complaint with him - he's much more experienced and successful at running a football club than I am, that's for sure.

He'd have to do a hell of a lot wrong (in relation to my opinions on his decisions) in order for me to believe that he was no longer working in SWFC's best interests. Much more than giving his first manager a bit* too long to prove his worth, that's for sure.

*understatement

I know it's difficult but my advice would be to trust him.

It's not like he's a novice at this sort of thing.

He wants roughly the same as us, it will be a journey with ups and downs.

Just relax, don't stress over how much you hate AI, let the main man do all the worrying and stressing.

He'll get us their.

I don't for 1 minute think he sat down on Saturday teatime and thought, 'well that wasn't very good but let's just leave it a while and see how it pans out'.

If he leaves it until we've won the next two easy games (on paper - which lets face it we should still win despite Irvine and not because of him) it's making it worse. It's more difficult to sack a manager who's just won two games in a row, but we all know that if we do win them we'll be back to square one and stuck with an inept manager for even longer after those matches.

Change is needed now. The Exeter game should have been when the bullet was fired, but to be fair to Milan he'd only been here for a couple of games at that point and we'd won the previous one 6-2. However, with the league form since then, including a repeat performance at Orient, surely he can see that Irvine is dragging us downwards rather than taking us forward.

Poor attitude, that.

I think you misunderstood what i meant Dan. the "dont let us down" remark was meant to mean that decisions need to be made asap regarding the managerial situation. MM stated that he wants promotion this season, well with way we are playing at the moment , the play offs will be out of reach. A new face with new ideas is required immdiatley before the season becomes a non event.

MM has been and will be fantastic for this club but a big decision needs to be made now before its too late