I Have Never Wanted Us To Lose a Game Before

.....if it's what it takes to force a change of management, then please Yeovil, beat us tomorrow night.

I hate to think like that, but we need a change, now.

Just the support we can do without.

Edited by fatzooma

Never.

I want irvine to turn it around and us to go on a 22 game winning streak.

Will this happen? No.

But every fan should want Irvine to prove us wrong and make a dramatic u-turn.

But as it stands the majority are right to want him gone.

Guest Triplej2

Just the support we can do without.

I just don't get it.

To want Wednesday to lose a game for the greater good is a bad thing for you?

We're NEVER gonna go on that magical 10 game winning streak don't you get it? we will win 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2 and end up in oblivion. Is that what you want?

I just don't get it.

To want Wednesday to lose a game for the greater good is a bad thing for you?

We're NEVER gonna go on that magical 10 game winning streak don't you get it? we will win 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2 and end up in oblivion. Is that what you want?

The greater good eh ... the problem is

Your assuming that if we lose against Yeovil, that AI will get the sack.

Your assuming that if AI did get the sack for losing against Yeovil, then things will turn around in the short term future.

Your assuming that the players won't react badly to the sacking of AI - especially the players he's brought in very very recently.

But most of all ... your assuming it will suddenly be 100% better with somebody / anybody else in charge & that automatic promotion is a certainty.

@ US_Owl

It wasn't a "late run" that got us into the play-offs the last time we got promoted out of this league. Infact didn't we only rack up one win in our last 12 games? That win being away at the already promoted Hull City, which meant we guaranteed our play-off place after looking likely to slip back out of the top 6 for a number of weeks, fighting against Hartlepool and Bournemouth for those final spots?

Our good form that season was between December and January if I recall correctly, largely down to Kenwyne Jones and a strange (and temporary) upturn in fortunes from the likes of Adam Proudlock. Our form either side of those 2 months was largely indifferent.

Those 2 months are always important for any team and that was proved emphatically in the season we got promoted. As far as this season is concerned that ship has already sailed, so rather than establish a consistent couple of months in the middle of the season to carry us over the finish line (and allow room for things like a 1 win in 12 streak), we're now going to have to go on large winning streaks pretty much from now until the end of the season. I don't necessarily agree with those who compare our defeats total to previously promoted sides, as nobody is running away with this league yet and I think the end totals will generally be lower for both the automatics and play-offs, but we certainly can't be looking to lose as many games as we have been. We NEED to start putting winning runs together consistently between now and May. Similar to the run that almost saw us sneak into the Championship play-offs a couple of years ago under Laws.

Under Irvine it isn't going to happen. There's absolutely no evidence from Alan Irvines tenure here (or even at Preston before) that he is capable of leading teams to that sort of form. He is therefore not fit for purpose (assuming that purpose is to get this team promoted) and his position is untenable.

What about promotion ?

Promotion was expected of him this season. What wasn't expected of him was to see us relegated with plenty of matches to turn things round last season. It would take being championship challengers for him to start repaying the damage he's done and I don't see that as realistic.