Sedgwick

I worked with a very good mate of Sedge's who has known him since they were both kids. Basically Sedge has had a pretty tough time at home over the past 6 months or so and has admitted that since he's been here he hasn't been playing as well as he has wanted to. He's never wanted to make this public knowledge because he didn't think it was right to put his poor form down to off the pitch issues, but the lad is Wednesday through and through and always gives 100% when he pulls on the blue and white. He loves Wednesday just like we do, so although like a lot of our players he hasn't had a great season (and he will be the first to admit that), we should get behind a lifelong Owl and give him our support. I hope that a new manager can get the best out of him because he has a real burning desire to succeed for Wednesday and could be a decent player for us if he can turn things around.

I'm sure sedge is giving 100% and as the last post said gone through personal issues.

Let's give the lad a break come on most of us are human aren't we. And sedge is a wednesdayite.

The new manager will decide wether he is good enough let's not get personal with one of our own even when we are despondent.

I worked with a very good mate of Sedge's who has known him since they were both kids. Basically Sedge has had a pretty tough time at home over the past 6 months or so and has admitted that since he's been here he hasn't been playing as well as he has wanted to. He's never wanted to make this public knowledge because he didn't think it was right to put his poor form down to off the pitch issues, but the lad is Wednesday through and through and always gives 100% when he pulls on the blue and white. He loves Wednesday just like we do, so although like a lot of our players he hasn't had a great season (and he will be the first to admit that), we should get behind a lifelong Owl and give him our support. I hope that a new manager can get the best out of him because he has a real burning desire to succeed for Wednesday and could be a decent player for us if he can turn things around.

we're all wednesday and our lifelong ambition is to pull on the shirt

his window as a pro footballer is closing, right in the very back yard where he grew up, i wish him well, i really do, but his feet have to do the talking

sorry chris, but shape up, or ship out

We desperately need to sort the midfield out. Sedgwick hasn't been as bad as some say but his best days are behind him. He's got a few assists this season and always gives his all. If we could combine his crossing and attitude with JJ's dribbling & pace we'd have some player! :biggrin:

Really hope the next signings are in midfield. When I was on about the strength of our squad months ago I said if Teale is out we'll struggle as at that time he was the only one getting forward and providing decent ammo for the strikers. We also desperately need at least 1 central midfielder, preferably 2. Just hope the right people are available in this transfer window.

Still think we'll reach the play offs but I've not been 100% convinced our squad was in the best 2 in the division. It's getting closer with each signing though. Can't wait to see Reynolds.

Unfortunately he's never been much of a player imo - i said it when we signed him - saw quite a bit of him at PNE and was quite surprised he kept getting a game

As i said before - he fits the profile of player AI is needing to build his team in the image of the old style long ball/direct teams he seems to favour - Sedgwick is relaible with his delivery and so doesn't need to be dynamic - we now have the big target man and the pieces are falling into place

Say hello to precentage football - unfortunately we have a poo poo central midfield so the required quick support play (with a modicum of intelligence so that rules out JOC) will be absent.

Coke seems to be more of a player that would suit a more considered approach - when fit of course

Unfortunately he's never been much of a player imo - i said it when we signed him - saw quite a bit of him at PNE and was quite surprised he kept getting a game

As i said before - he fits the profile of player AI is needing to build his team in the image of the old style long ball/direct teams he seems to favour - Sedgwick is relaible with his delivery and so doesn't need to be dynamic - we now have the big target man and the pieces are falling into place

Say hello to precentage football - unfortunately we have a poo poo central midfield so the required quick support play (with a modicum of intelligence so that rules out JOC) will be absent.

Coke seems to be more of a player that would suit a more considered approach - when fit of course

has played 500 games for numerous managers so must have something about him ....