I think Irvine Should Stay

The difference is that we don't have the same people picking a new manager so we SHOULD have someone who is capable of picking this team, club and fans up and taking us all forward...this could be the most important appointment in our history...lets hope its the right one

Guest starrydave

Never once has he said that. What he's saying is you reap what you sow.

And yet you're the one blaming fans for dividing poo poo.

Keep clapping.

Then what was '5 months of unnecessary stagnation' comment about? And blaming fans will cause divisions. The OP posted with bile and contempt to fellow owls, exactly what is wrong with our fan base sometimes. I can pick him up on this if I choose, even if his bezzy mates stick their nose in!

And I'm not a happy clapper. Just thought the OP was being an unnecessarily vitriolic towards fans.

The thing is, at the beginning of the season, AI said that he had signed the likes of Jones and Otsemobor because he wanted to play attacking football and have his wing-backs getting forward all of the time.

Giles Coke looked like he was going to bag a shed load of goals at first and then AI started playing him more defensive and even out wide.

He then ditches the attacking philosophy and goes back to being defensive, with the same back four and the same central midfield which got us relegated in the first place.

And now he signs a target man up front which suggests that he wants to start playing the long ball.

Im sure most supporters don't know what he his trying to achieve, and I'm positive that the players haven't got a clue either.

And I'm not a happy clapper. Just thought the OP was being an unnecessarily vitriolic towards fans.

If you are not then why are you so aggressive?

The thread was a 'bit of fun' with a serious undertone. Use it and make of it what you will, or just ignore it all together.

I am sorry if you thought it was 'vitriolic'.

Is 'rumbletard' not vitriolic, on the street?

I must update my Oxford English Dictionary. It has got 'chav' in it though.

The thing is, at the beginning of the season, AI said that he had signed the likes of Jones and Otsemobor because he wanted to play attacking football and have his wing-backs getting forward all of the time.

Giles Coke looked like he was going to bag a shed load of goals at first and then AI started playing him more defensive and even out wide.

He then ditches the attacking philosophy and goes back to being defensive, with the same back four and the same central midfield which got us relegated in the first place.

And now he signs a target man up front which suggests that he wants to start playing the long ball.

Im sure most supporters don't know what he his trying to achieve, and I'm positive that the players haven't got a clue either.

He NEVER had an attacking philosophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest starrydave

If you are not then why are you so aggressive?

The thread was a 'bit of fun' with a serious undertone. Use it and make of it what you will, or just ignore it all together.

I am sorry if you thought it was 'vitriolic'.

Is 'rumbletard' not vitriolic, on the street?

I must update my Oxford English Dictionary. It has got 'chav' in it though.

It's not the first thread I've seen blaming fans. I may have misjudged the tone of your original thread. My response came from frustration. If it offended you, then I'm sorry.

Hopefully all us fans will stop bickering once we get a decent manager in!

It's not the first thread I've seen blaming fans. I may have misjudged the tone of your original thread. My response came from frustration. If it offended you, then I'm sorry.

Hopefully all us fans will stop bickering once we get a decent manager in!

No problem and thanks for that.

I hope the Mods sort the user name out for you. I'd give them another prompt, eh?

A bit chavy? :biggrin

*A joke BTW - you are a bit serious this morning*

Guest sotonowl

On here, I and others have been constantly asking for Irvine to go.

This has been happening since last season. We have been criticised by the happy clappers for doing so.

All types of lame excuses have been forwarded as to why Alan was man.

But anyone with an ounce of footballing modicum new he was useless.

Well, happy clappers we have had to put up with this crap since August.

Five months of unecessary stagnation.

I hope Milan gives him another five months so you happy clappers know what we have had to put up with.

You deserve it.

This is my last ever 'Irvine out' thread.

I think my views are well known. Let the happy clappers do the work.

You seen the light now?????????

On here, I and others have been constantly asking for Irvine to go.

This has been happening since last season. We have been criticised by the happy clappers for doing so.

All types of lame excuses have been forwarded as to why Alan was man.

But anyone with an ounce of footballing modicum new he was useless.

Well, happy clappers we have had to put up with this crap since August.

Five months of unecessary stagnation.

I hope Milan gives him another five months so you happy clappers know what we have had to put up with.

You deserve it.

This is my last ever 'Irvine out' thread.

I think my views are well known. Let the happy clappers do the work.

You want Sheffield Wednesday to keep Irvine and continue to struggle just so you can prove to the happy clappers, you were right? I don't think Irvine has many fans left now, I know any shred of confidence I had left has gone but surely getting the right man, making a late charge in an attempt to make the playoffs should be the idea. Also happy clapper or not, no Owls fan deserves what we have had in the last decade.

You want Sheffield Wednesday to keep Irvine and continue to struggle just so you can prove to the happy clappers, you were right? I don't think Irvine has many fans left now, I know any shred of confidence I had left has gone but surely getting the right man, making a late charge in an attempt to make the playoffs should be the idea. Also happy clapper or not, no Owls fan deserves what we have had in the last decade.

I think he's being sarcastic.

Sack the Tea Lady

First we had to sack the Board

Then we wanted to get rid of Purse

Now we want to sack the manager

Instead of working through the entire staff...lets cut to the chase and sack the tea lady. She could be the only one left.

I think he's being sarcastic.

Thanks Mr Royds. You have ruined the last shred of 'credibility' I had left to hang onto.

I notice you are a Shiregreen lad. Was the Penguin still open in your day - with the topless 'go go' dancers?

That was a 'massive' thing for a lad growing up in the 70's. Spent many hours in there underage.

Life was so simple back then.