paul walker twitter

Guest brockowl

Guest brockowl

stating we have made enquiries for lee hughes and myles weston at brentford tall fast left winger

thoughts ?

my personal opinion is that hughes just simply is not needed and I for one would not welcome him

stating we have made enquiries for lee hughes and myles weston at brentford tall fast left winger

thoughts ?

my personal opinion is that hughes just simply is not needed and I for one would not welcome him

Must have read footballrumours.com or The Mirror

Funny you should say that Mr. Bunny.

http://www.brentford...le.asp?a=227965

Sounds just like a younger version of JJ

Occasionally Myles Weston charges majestically through four players and gets me bouncing up and down on the terrace, but too often he trundles the ball out of play. He's not a hero yet either.

Edited by Nookiebear

thoughts ?

I bet you would if he kncked in 15 goals what got us promoted,

Anyone think that with striker targets still being mentioned (even after the transfer of Madine) that it could be possible Phil Brown is trying to recall Mellor.

Is that possible now they have a change in management?

From my understanding - it's a season long loan in which we have paid a fee. Therefore we have the player till the end of the season and Preston do not have a recall option.

I would have thought, if there was one, Phil Brown would have recalled him when he took over so he could have assessed his whole squad.

Edit - Woo, 500 post up. Hasn't took me too long ! :biggrin:

Edited by Barenecessity

He sounds very much like JJ, not what we need imo.

He is actually a very good player and would be a very good signing. He has loads of pace and a lot of talent for someone of that age. We desperately need wingers to get behind full backs and get the ball crossed into the right areas for our forwards to get goals, we currently don't play to our striker's strengths.

If we sign him it would also free up Teale to switch to the right where he would be capable of delivering quality crosses rather than cutting inside all the time, Teale is wasted on the left.

Preston can't recall Mellor.

The only way you can recall a season long loanee is if the parent club insert a recall clause which is agreed to by both clubs (as we saw with Kyle Walker being recalled from the Blades last season in January.)

Irvine has made it clear that no such clause is in the contract, so Preston can't have Mellor back.

I think anyway.

I don't want us to sign Lee Hughes because he's a waste of money- even ignoring his past for a moment, he's 34 and 200k would be a ridiculous fee to spend on someone of that age.