Darren Purse

Lee Bullen was a true ambassador for the club and a lovely man.

I'd have him back anyday, perhaps coaching the youngsters, or as kit man or something.

He was also part of a promotion team and will be loved ever more for the role he played in that.

He always gave 100%, I loved his attitude.

What he lacked in class was made up for with heart.

purse could still do a job somewhere, i just think his legs have gone and hes lost a yard of pace.

still shows in patches that he can still defend though, but we need more consistency from him.

Tries his hardest and one of the few players last year with the balls to come out and keep playing despite the abuse getting hurled at him and the team. has also been playing injured for part of this season apparently.

Isnt going to get a contract, knows it but still keeps turning out week after week. got a lot of time and respect for someone like that, even if i dont think hes good enugh to get in our back four anymore. some of you with your personal slights against him should have a good look at yourselves. theres absolutely no need for it.

purse could still do a job somewhere, i just think his legs have gone and hes lost a yard of pace.

still shows in patches that he can still defend though, but we need more consistency from him.

Tries his hardest and one of the few players last year with the balls to come out and keep playing despite the abuse getting hurled at him and the team. has also been playing injured for part of this season apparently.

Isnt going to get a contract, knows it but still keeps turning out week after week. got a lot of time and respect for someone like that, even if i dont think hes good enugh to get in our back four anymore. some of you with your personal slights against him should have a good look at yourselves. theres absolutely no need for it.

Shouldn't you be resting at this time of night, Darren?

Can you imagine if he'd put that own goal attempt away on saturday?

Would probably have capped the worst performance seen from a player at Hillsborough since Beswetherick was substituted after 10 minutes that time.

I wouldn't go that far tbh.

He was abysmal in the first 15 minutes, but after that he didn't do that much wrong really (mainly because he didn't have much to do one might argue.)

He was miles away from Jon Beswetherick- although i maintain that Beswetherick was just misunderstood. :biggrin:

Dear Palace,

He's reyt good, even better than Vidic.

He's ace on Championship Manager and even better on Twitter.

He tells us himself he's better than our recent defensive signings and that's some claim as THE RADIATOR is red hot.

His wife's a Palace fan and he's always dreamed of playing for Palace.

We also have a buy one, get one free, offer at the moment. You'll get Sedgewick chucked in.

What do you say? Have we got a deal?

ps - He's also highly recommended by Prozone

He's had his time, all he does is hoof it and hope for the best, he did better in the second half on Saturday but he's a liability at times.

I'm just surprised by how poor his distribution. For someone so experienced, it honestly beggars belief.

My point exactly, for his age you would think he would be able to at least put his foot on the ball and look up, it makes you wonder how he did so well earlier in his career.

Lee Bullen was a true ambassador for the club and a lovely man.

I'd have him back anyday, perhaps coaching the youngsters, or as kit man or something.

He was also part of a promotion team and will be loved ever more for the role he played in that.

He always gave 100%, I loved his attitude.

What he lacked in class was made up for with heart.

Stop trying to wind Arthur up........

p.s. you forgot to mention him playing in every position.

Edited by Weshallovercome

did you stay up all night thinking of that insightful comment? :rolleyes:

Come on, Purse is a liability. I'm not blaming the guy for being a liability, it's mostly down to his lack of pace, but if Palace signed him (which they won't) I'd love it.

I don't question his integrity, but I'd question anyone's sanity to pick him now we have some depth in the squad.

Come on, Purse is a liability. I'm not blaming the guy for being a liability, it's mostly down to his lack of pace, but if Palace signed him (which they won't) I'd love it.

I don't question his integrity, but I'd question anyone's sanity to pick him now we have some depth in the squad.

dont get me wrong, i did say hes no longer what we need. i just think its unfair for people to come out with some of the abuse hes getting.

Its not like hes a de bilde, sitting on his contract and not giving a $hit. he does try, hes just not up to it any more.

If someone comes in for him, great. i just think some people are going way OTT.