Kevin Phillips

He could be the one signing that re-ignites our season(and get the fans through the gates), while I do believe that he would be more likely to join a championship club I think the temptation of playing at Hillsbrough could swing it. I sincerely hope we are one of the clubs showing an interest in him. He is top quality and lethal in the box even at his age and has a plenty of experience.

An offer of a good 2 yr contract would be a good offer for him at his age, the rest of this season and a year in the championship if he fires us there.

Heres hoping Milan an Alan are interested.

blush.gif

I don't think the arrival of a 37 year old Kevin Philips will greatly increase gates.

Also, more importantly, we've already got four front men. Do we need another?!

You can choose 4 strikers out of these 5 for the rest of this season:

Morrison

Mellor

Heffernan

Madine

Phillips

I don't even think we'll be in for him - nor am I even sure that we need him; we just need to improve the supply line to the very good strikers (for League One) that we already have.

My only hope is that he doesn't sign for a rival such as Southampton (can't imagine there'd be anyone else in the division that would even have the finances to try it).

Guest YorkOwl89

I'd love to have Phillips! We need some one like him with real quality to get us out of this league. Pompey when they had Sheringham in the championship is an example of that, and he played till he was 40 odd!