To all A.I supporters

I like the fact that we beat the on form Championship side 3-0 away, when was the last time we did that?

I also rate Alan Irvine's signings.

Optimism - i would say the optimism some are showing is down to the big black cloud that as recently been lifted.

Milan Mandaric is backing Alan for now, he's asked all Wednesdayites to get on board, some are clearly not grasping this.

Some supporters are letting the club down.

Yeah, a very good result away at a championship side.

That'll make up for 5-1 at exeter!

I don't know exactly how I'm letting the club down. I'm still there at every home game (and the odd away) supporting the team.

At least you answered my original question.

I presume that I'm being pegged as an "Irvine Lover"- which in reality isn't the case. I just don't think he is as bad as people are making out.

His signings, bar Sedgewick and maybe Otsemobor,have been good, positive signings.

All we really need is to get a bit of consistancy.

We get that his signings have been good (well apart from the ones you've mentions) but that doesn't give you optimism. The question is "What has Irvine done too fill you with confidence"?

Guest Triplej2

Seeing alan Irvine in the dressing room on Football focus with Chris Waddle told all I needed to know about the man. He visibly shrunk in the presence of such greatness. It all seemed just so wrong.

Edited by Triplej2

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well this basically!

There are many on here who would like to give balanced views and support the gaffer but would only get shot down in flames,so they keep their opinions to themselves.

Just view the viewing stats.

Me? I say flip the lot of ya!

I'm a Wednesday supporter so therefore an Irvine supporter up until the day he quits or gets the sack.

Get a fookin' grip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get that his signings have been good (well apart from the ones you've mentions) but that doesn't give you optimism. The question is "What has Irvine done too fill you with confidence"?

Irvine hasn't made me more optimistic, Milan has, as i posted earlier. Milan has asked for us to back AI and for all he has done for us the past month or two, i'm giving him the benifit of the doubt for now. I still want AI to go, i'm just not moaning about it for a bit. Thats my answer.

Irvine hasn't made me more optimistic, Milan has, as i posted earlier. Milan has asked for us to back AI and for all he has done for us the past month or two, i'm giving him the benifit of the doubt for now. I still want AI to go, i'm just not moaning about it for a bit. Thats my answer.

Fair enough.

Thanks for actually giving an answer.

(My question wasn't at you BTW :biggrin: ) But good reply. I agree with you and I've not been as harsh to Irvine as I have been previously but I just wanted to know why Last_Great_Hope was optimistic. :biggrin:

Guest Triplej2

You're backing AI because mandaric said so?

You still want AI to go but not moaning about it?

You may aswell have just writen rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb :laugh:

Long-term Owlstalk users will remember this cycle well.

A minority recognise that Laws, Yorath, Irvine et al are clearly a huge mistake.

Minority get abuse.

Majority, week by week realise the same, and slowly admit it.

Abuse trickles to a whimper.

Said manager is relieved of duties, with all accepting it should have come sooner.

It's not rocket science, but in the meantime try not to fall out.

Apologists feel free to keep apologising for some of the worst football in our lifetimes as Owls, eg Exeter.

Enlightened ones, just bide your time knowing a poo manager is a poo manager.

In the meantime, if he turns out to be a genuine badged wonder, we all win and are happy campers.

The man to break the cycle!

john_sheridan350_350x300.jpg

Guest Sniper1

So you realise that Alan's signings are good.

This does give optimism and here is why - Alan brought in the likes of Weaver, Coke, Jones, Teale, Morrison and Mellor

for the small fee of f'k all.

He now as the backing of Mr Mandaric, Alan's got some money to spend so people are looking forward to who we can get in

to the squad = optimism.

Nothing like a good signing to get the optimism flowing.

Bristol City 0-3 SWFC = confidence.

You're backing AI because mandaric said so?

You still want AI to go but not moaning about it?

You may aswell have just writen rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb :laugh:

Is there really any point replying to you? i find it a waste of battery on my laptop?!? anyway here goes -

Is there any point in moaning about Irvine when its not going to change anything? - NO

Do we owe it to Mandaric to give Irvine a chance by backing the team and the players he's bringing in with MM's money? - YES

Do i want Irvine to leave? - YES

Have i come to terms with the fact i'm not a board member and can't do anything about it? - YES

So you realise that Alan's signings are good.

This does give optimism and here is why - Alan brought in the likes of Weaver, Coke, Jones, Teale, Morrison and Mellor

for the small fee of f'k all.

He now as the backing of Mr Mandaric, Alan's got some money to spend so people are looking forward to who we can get in

to the squad = optimism.

Nothing like a good signing to get the optimism flowing.

Bristol City 0-3 SWFC = confidence.

Sheffield Wednesday 6-2 Bristol Rovers = confidence

Exeter City 5-1 Sheffield Wednesday = Embarrassment and a realisation that Bristol Rovers was just a flash in the pan!

Sheffield Wednesday 6-2 Bristol Rovers = confidence

Exeter City 5-1 Sheffield Wednesday = Embarrassment and a realisation that Bristol Rovers was just a flash in the pan!

Hartlepool 0-5 Sheffield Wed = another flash in the pan? :biggrin:

You cant put it down to two results, Irvine is not great by any means but we are doing ok.

Is there really any point replying to you? i find it a waste of battery on my laptop?!? anyway here goes -

Is there any point in moaning about Irvine when its not going to change anything? - NO

Do we owe it to Mandaric to give Irvine a chance by backing the team and the players he's bringing in with MM's money? - YES

Do i want Irvine to leave? - YES

Have i come to terms with the fact i'm not a board member and can't do anything about it? - YES

Although you're very welcome, the original question was aimed at the people who want Irvine to stay, and think he is doing a good job.

Of his 11 signings- only two are questionable. That is a really good strike rate as far as I'm concerned.

Second, I'm not of the opinion that the hoofball we play is actually his preferred standard of football. It's down to midfielders going missing ( Potter, O'Connor) at the same time that we gave defenders who are too scared / unable to pass a ball (Purse, Beevers, Spurr).

Third- apart from Exeter, all our defeats have been close, but some of our wins have been by large margins.

I fully believe that a few more signings will make all the difference.

Like I said earlier- it's not that I'm an Irvine Lover- it's just that I don't think he is as bad as some people make out.

In fact the only thing I agree with most people in is that sometimes his team selection has been questionable ( Spurr over Jones, Potter over anyone, not giving Heffernan a chance).

You also have to understand that at the beginning of the season I wasn't convinced that we had a top two squad, so in my own opinion we are only slightly below where I expected us to be.