Sack the Sack threads and all that.......................

Guest davylowe

With the transfer embargo probably today is the first day that Irvine has had a level playing field. UTO

Just saying but Eddie Howe at Bournemouth had a transfer embargo last season and one of the smallest sqauds in league 2 and managed to get them promoted and now this season they're in the automatic promotion places with a worse squad and a lot less money than us. I would like Eddie Howe as manager but I'm not saying that now, I'm just saying that if they managed to do so well with no money and a worse squad then why have we done so bad with more money and a better squad? (Not having a go at you BTW just saying that Irvine's not the only one who has had limited resources) :biggrin:

With the transfer embargo probably today is the first day that Irvine has had a level playing field. UTO

Isn't the second highest budget in the division more than a level playing field? and that was before Manderic came in.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest davylowe

One thing about my mate Milan, he knows a to55er when he sees one. All you malcontents going to start wearing balaclavas at home matches ?

You got half your wish right today by the way...NIL POINTS ! Sorry to dissapoint though Alan Irvine still here.

UTO WTID Support your Manager wish him well....What's wrong with that !

This^^^^^^^^

Do you not feel though Hootie that if we give Irvine time he will bring in the players who have consistency and "sellability"in the long term. Not players he inherited who made up the I thought third highest budget- Tudgay, Purse, Buxton, O Connor. Potter etc

Guest Sniper1

Waste of time, too many blades.

Just glad that most of these don't attend Hillsborough anymore because of the

1. Dave Allen - oh no

2. Legal Action - no

3. 3 Stooges - no

4. No beer - no

5. poo food - no

6. oh right now its Alan Irvine, got ya.

At least they have a little gang of ass holes on here.

Guest TonyOwl88

Can we have some harmony on this board and stop all these negative vibes.

I agree. You'll never feel good about your cflub if you can't stop complaining and see the great things that are happening. We've got a lot of money floating around... especially by our standards.... and we could be seeing a very exciting team by next Saturday.

Just support the team. We're doing quite well considering.

Do you not feel though Hootie that if we give Irvine time he will bring in the players who have consistency and "sellability"in the long term. Not players he inherited who made up the I thought third highest budget- Tudgay, Purse, Buxton, O Connor. Potter etc

At the risk of going over old ground, he brought 9 new players in during the summer, but started the season with the same back four that got us relegated. I've heard all sorts of nonesense like he was about to sort out the defence, but he then had the rug pulled from under him. Before Irvine had made a single signing, he stated on Wednesday player, that he hoped to bring in 6 players to replace the 8 he had released. He eventually brought 9 in, 3 more than he had stated, yet he still started the season with the same back four.

I like listening to Irvine, he comes across well, he definately has all the coaching credentials, I'm just not convinced he has what it takes to be a good manager. He does wind me up a bit with his constant "bigging up" of the opposition.

Also, I've missed 2 home games (Dagenham, and Hartlepool JPT) I've been to 4 away games (Sflaphorpe, Plymouth, Yeovil, and Swindon) I've seen Wednesday dominate against Notts County JPT, and Bristol Rovers, in every other game, I've seen us outplayed, even Chesterfield out footballed us.

For me, Irvine has twice the budget that Laws or Sturrock had, the players at his disposal are of a better quality, yet we have lost 9 games before christmas. Any finish other than automatic promotion is inexcusable.

And don't get me started on last season's surrender to relegation, if it wasn't for the fact that Palace had 10 points deducted, we would have been relegated a month earlier.

I'm willing to bite my tongue, and give full support to my team, but what I cannot accept is people telling me what a good manager Irvine is, when he surrendered to relegation, and his team has lost 9 games before christmas. That doesn't sound like a good manager to me.

I'll leave you with one thought, we were 1-0 down at Huddersfield and chasing the game, Irvine takes off Teale for the more defensive Sedgewick, and leaves Heffernan on the bench until the last 5 mins. It seemed to me like Irvine was trying to protect the 1-0 defeat.

All this in a very ordinary division, but like someone else has pointed out, Manderic is no fool, he is giving Irvine his full support, if he doesn't deliver, he will be gone.

Guest KOPMATSR

Was 100% behind him before the Exeter match, since then I can't think of one positive of his working from his his reign

He's got a chance to really make a mark now with some decent players, let's give him a chance because Milan has made it clear he will back him for now, therefore so should we.

I'm willing to bite my tongue, and if he does win everyone over, then everybody wins and a fair few people, including me, have egg on our faces, but I can live with that.

I'd love it if he comes good and we have to eat our words

Me too, I'm not convinced he has the minerals though. I think before Manderic arrived, Irvine was happy to plod on knowing his job was fairly safe, but now Manderic is here, Irvine knows that poo poo just got real, and Manderic doesn't give a feck about coaching badges.

I'm willing to bite my tongue, and if he does win everyone over, then everybody wins and a fair few people, including me, have egg on our faces, but I can live with that.

I don't think we'll have egg on our faces at all as it seems to me that much of the opinion against him has been fully justified up to this point (can't go along with the hatred and abuse though). But that doesn't stop me realising that the best outcome for all concerned is that Irvine leads us to storm up the leagues and into the Premiership these next couple of years. If he does that, I'll be quite happy to celebrate with everyone else and field any criticism that comes my way.

I don't think we'll have egg on our faces at all as it seems to me that much of the opinion against him has been fully justified up to this point (can't go along with the hatred and abuse though). But that doesn't stop me realising that the best outcome for all concerned is that Irvine leads us to storm up the leagues and into the Premiership these next couple of years. If he does that, I'll be quite happy to celebrate with everyone else and field any criticism that comes my way.

I agree, I would never condone hatred or abuse. I don't hate the guy, on the contrary, I find Irvine to be a good talker, I like listening to his views and I've no doubt he is an excellent coach and is very very hard working. I just think he should be doing a lot more with the tools at his disposal.

flip me, anyone would think we won the league and cup double today.

A bit of perspective and the bigger picture wouldn't do 2 or 3 posters any harm.

Great win, but doesn't even half pay back the dissapointment of AI leading us to a limp relegation, one of the most embarrassing games in our history at Exeter, and too many poo games in general to list.

Note posted on back of loss 3rd January...........One thing about my mate Milan, he knows a to55er when he sees one. All you malcontents going to start wearing balaclavas at home matches ?

You got half your wish right today by the way...NIL POINTS ! Sorry to dissapoint though Alan Irvine still here.

UTO WTID Support your Manager wish him well....What's wrong with that !

True one swallow does n't make a summer and I know Irvine said "this squad is a championship squad" Well smell the coffee he lied, probably because he thought saying we might be cruelly exposed at the back on occaision may have an adverse effect on the team spirit.

Well it would appear one or two things are being put right with a few more things to follow; Yet there are still no guarantees. None of us are privy to how good a manager Irvine is as we have not had the benifit of being a fly on the dressing room wall. However, enough people for who I have enormous respect seem to think he is the right bloke.

No guarantees I said and no guarantees goes iether way.......Pick who you want, anyone, anyone in the world and you could not gaurantee a top two finish. In summary I feel we have a great team in Wilko, Milan and Irvine given the normal run of luck I think we will make up the deficit and gain the automatic promotion place.

UTO WTID

Another point while we are having this lol love in;

We had a back 4 playin that took us down up until yesterday and the first time we play some defenders we batter a team in the league above who are on form in there own back yard!!

I saw a post saying that the defence being tight gave us chance to throw the kitchen sink at them in the second half!!

Maybe just maybe there is some truth to the commemts that the team were set up to protect the back four who proved they couldn play at ccc level and we were using them to try and get back up!!

Maybe we will hoof it less now with the better defenders, may e there goozd enough to get fprward and back again of it is called for, maybe it will set an example to the rest of the squad,

Maybe we could beat the top teams now and a play off spot might be a very good chance for promotion, maybe we are about to go on a run and break into the top 2!!!

Maybe everything is going to be fine…