Sponsorship

I don't know whether this has been mentioned,but did anyone ask MM the other night at the q & a what he will be doing regarding club/shirt sponsorship for next season seeing as the current 2 year deal with the SCH will come to an end.

My own personal opinion of the current deal is that,at the time it was the right thing to do,giving us and the hospital much needed boost community and publicity wise,i do think now is the time though to have a rethink (like aston villa have done) and going back to a commercially viable deal,the type of deal that brings into the club that we haven't had for a while....MONEY!!!!

We could do what a few fans have said,and put mini sch logo's on the kit etc,but hey, isn't it brill talking once again about the team,looking forward instead of back and slaggin the darkside off again....just like old times....the wheel is definetely turning in the right direction again...u.t.o;s

We definitely need a commercial sponsor now, though make sure it's a decent one for once.

Keep a SCH presence on the shirt and keep supporting them. I think that everyone purchasing a new shirt should have the option to pay a few extra quid on top of their purchase which goes to the SCH, and the club matches that donation.

The hospital charity would get more money, it would support our community image and the club would still be getting (hopefully) a 5-figure sum from our commercial sponsors which will help with the footballing budget.

I suppose it depends on what deals are available and what division we end up in next year. I'm sure it'll be the championship which would hopefully make us more attractive to potential sponsors.

Keeping a link with SCH is also very important after the work thats been done and the partnership that has developed. The club should do all it can to maintain this particularly when the hospital looks likely to lose some of it's budget from the government...

Donate buttons on the online shop, donate button on season ticket & ticket purchases and having some visible presence through advertising boards around the ground.

The club are keen to maintain ongoing partnerships with the Children's Hospital Charity.

However, it is disingenuous to post anything on a public messageboard or say anything in public when the partnerships are being finalised and discussions are taking place so the club will not comment further until a formal announcement is ready to be made. :wink:

The club are keen to maintain ongoing partnerships with the Children's Hospital Charity.

However, it is disingenuous to post anything on a public messageboard or say anything in public when the partnerships are being finalised and discussions are taking place so the club will not comment further until a formal announcement is ready to be made. :wink:

thanks for that deejayone,i understand where you're coming from,let hope there's more good news on this front.

DJ1 compared to years in the past when we went with the SCH what was the percentage increase in shirt sales ? I can`t imagine we will get much money for sponsorship ( I know nothing just a guess ) so was just wondering on how much extra revenue was made by selling the extra shirts . I would like us to keep the SCH but like I say I know nothing on what revenue external sponsor would gain versus extra shirt sales .

Plus, how much money have we raised for the childrens hospital? It would be nice if its success could be judged on those terms rather than how much extra we could contribute towards someones two seater Bentley if we allow some gambling company to plaster their name all over our sacred colours.

I was thinking about this the other day when we first had the option to vote on the new away kit. I personally would not like to go back to a commercial sponsor and would like to keep with the charity theme. If we decide to move on from the SCH I would like to see another local charity or hospice on the shirts and benefit from everything that goes with it.

MM is a clever businessman who likes exposure and I'm sure he could get some good positive spin and limelight from sticking with a charity than going back to a commercial sponsor.

DJ1 compared to years in the past when we went with the SCH what was the percentage increase in shirt sales ? I can`t imagine we will get much money for sponsorship ( I know nothing just a guess ) so was just wondering on how much extra revenue was made by selling the extra shirts . I would like us to keep the SCH but like I say I know nothing on what revenue external sponsor would gain versus extra shirt sales .

It's really hard to quantify what effect the SCH "sponsorship" had on shirt sales.

Given that the design and quality were much better with the change to Puma then you'd have expected much higher sales anyway with or without SCH.

That said, I think the SCH tie-up was and is a brilliant thing for both parties and would like to see the link maintained.