Football League Show - Our Highlights

Lynch him whatever he does?

No.

His style of football and mentality would be good for a smaller club who doesn't have aspirations of promotion. ie they would stop the bigger and more well funded teams playing and look to nick a goal. That is not what Sheffield Wednesday with the 2nd biggest budget in the league should be doing.

Why can't we just concentrate on our own strengths and just go and attack teams.

I would love to see us go with Miller and Coke in the middle and then two out and out wingers.

miller and coke for me also, potter and joc's a no no, theres only irvine who wants the latter in the team.

No.

His style of football and mentality would be good for a smaller club who doesn't have aspirations of promotion. ie they would stop the bigger and more well funded teams playing and look to nick a goal. That is not what Sheffield Wednesday with the 2nd biggest budget in the league should be doing.

What should we be doing?

As far as i was aware we had won three on the bounce and were 5th in the league.

What should we be doing?

As far as i was aware we had won three on the bounce and were 5th in the league.

We should be playing to our strengths which would be attacking teams instead of hoping to steal a goal and if we don't "oh well at least we got a point!".

If we'd lost yesterday we'd be 15th now. Don't let our league position fool you into thinking we're better than we are.

Yes they deserved to win, but everyone says this.

"Good Teams can grind out those games"

We were very poor and still won, if this continues then we should go far this season. However I would like to see a better performance next week, since it's away it takes a bit of pressure off the lads too

...IT'S EVERY F*CKIN WEEK...IN FACT EVERY GAME... :ph34r::angry::blink::ohmy: :st2:

Seems to be a common denominator in the dissenters in this thread and on others. We seem to start off games well, passing it around making chances,then after about 30 minutes or so the boo boys start and the team resort to hoof ball. Question is whos fault is it Irvine, the team or the boo boys. Strange thing is 2nd half we start of well again until the boo boys find their voice again.

the bit about 30 minutes of passing football etc is a generalisation but you get the idea

Seems to be a common denominator in the dissenters in this thread and on others. We seem to start off games well, passing it around making chances,then after about 30 minutes or so the boo boys start and the team resort to hoof ball. Question is whos fault is it Irvine, the team or the boo boys. Strange thing is 2nd half we start of well again until the boo boys find their voice again.

the bit about 30 minutes of passing football etc is a generalisation but you get the idea

if you watch the highlights it was like the f*ckin alamo...

if you watch the highlights it was like the f*ckin alamo...

I did watch them doesn't answer the question of whos fault it is. I think I know based on the fact that I can remember stood on the kop in the 70's,80's.90's and hearing people week in week out telling players like Zico,Waddle,Sheridan,Walker amongst others that they were poo . Our fans must be one of the toughest rooms in football

At home this season we have scored 7 goals away we have scored 12 could this be because when we play away we have a couple of thousand (at least)fans going mental and getting behind the team big style?

Funny how when BL was in charge, the fans being to blame was never an outlet of a reason..?

I don't agree that it is right to consider the boo boys as a reason. If we were playing decent football they would have no reason to boo? These last few home games have been absolutely rotten; beyond boring. Certainly not worth the value - well Chesterfield was extended time for penalties so if you are talking in terms of volume you did...

We keep hearing how Hillsborough is brilliant but the fans can get on the players back. Should it be any other way? We keep hearing that Wilko is doing all he can, not for the club, but for the fans. Should it be any other way? There is no other way to say this without being a pompous git, but we should be beating teams in this league with more ease than we are. Irvine bombed out of the League Cup and hid behind the excuse that we were focussing on the league...oops...

If we are struggling against the teams in this division what lies ahead if we did manage to go up? At the moment the thought of us running into a Sflaphorpe United week in week out would be too much for blood pressure the ease at which they ragged us about, god only knows what would happened against the bigger boys the state we seem to be in at the moment.

The club. Wilko. Irvine. Buxton. Potter. The groundsman. I don't care who, they cannot expect us, as fans, to sit and watch SWFC be assaulted on the pitch at S6, watching football that shouldn't be played other than on a Sunday morning, and not voice an opinion? (Not that I'm a boo boy in particular mind, but if it is not going right I do voice my displeasure and I see no wrong in doing so).

At home this season we have scored 7 goals away we have scored 12 could this be because when we play away we have a couple of thousand (at least)fans going mental and getting behind the team big style?

The difference is because one anomolous away result has skewed the figures

Funny how when BL was in charge, the fans being to blame was never an outlet of a reason..?

I don't agree that it is right to consider the boo boys as a reason. If we were playing decent football they would have no reason to boo? These last few home games have been absolutely rotten; beyond boring. Certainly not worth the value - well Chesterfield was extended time for penalties so if you are talking in terms of volume you did...

We keep hearing how Hillsborough is brilliant but the fans can get on the players back. Should it be any other way? We keep hearing that Wilko is doing all he can, not for the club, but for the fans. Should it be any other way? There is no other way to say this without being a pompous git, but we should be beating teams in this league with more ease than we are. Irvine bombed out of the League Cup and hid behind the excuse that we were focussing on the league...oops...

If we are struggling against the teams in this division what lies ahead if we did manage to go up? At the moment the thought of us running into a Sflaphorpe United week in week out would be too much for blood pressure the ease at which they ragged us about, god only knows what would happened against the bigger boys the state we seem to be in at the moment.

The club. Wilko. Irvine. Buxton. Potter. The groundsman. I don't care who, they cannot expect us, as fans, to sit and watch SWFC be assaulted on the pitch at S6, watching football that shouldn't be played other than on a Sunday morning, and not voice an opinion? (Not that I'm a boo boy in particular mind, but if it is not going right I do voice my displeasure and I see no wrong in doing so).

as said earlier (sorry can't multi quote etc as using mobile site)

Is Hillsborough part of the problem?

I'd agree with this, players don't have the same pressure and these are die hard fans that would cheer em even if losing.

I seem to remember under sturrocks promotion season we were far better playing away from home, going to places like Bristol City etc and winning 4-1.

The amount of times it showed Alan Irvine shaking his head at what he was watching was a bit worrying. He is sticking to his tactics of defensive football but you can see it in him that he KNOWS it isn't working. Surely he will change it soon. He doesn't look happy. Then again does he ever look happy?

What's annoying me is everyone talking about the playoffs. This league is poo , anything less than automatic is a failure. We'd achieve it no problem with an attacking minded manager and I firmly believe that if we get promoted this season it will be in spite of Alan Irvine, not because of him.

i agree with this^^^^^^^^^^