Whats wrong?

Guest Woz1867

Guest Woz1867

7 points from the last 9

A good midweek cup win.

Investment (money will be going in monday as said by HW on P or G)

People are still not happy!

:angry:

Oh and whoever it was who rang up on P or G, dont moan about attendances if you did not go yourself!

Edited by Woz1867

Guest sheridan's2penalties

Our frankly bizarre inability to actually play football

The fact that although we're fifth, we've been incredibly lucky and could just as easily be in the relegation zone with the performances we've put in

A lucky scrape past Chesterfield (CHESTERFIELD, FFS!!) on penalties thanks to our keeper. We were second best.

Oh, yeah I suppose the investment is good news :biggrin:

Guest Woz1867

The fact that although we're fifth, we've been incredibly lucky and could just as easily be in the relegation zone with the performances we've put in

A lucky scrape past Chesterfield (CHESTERFIELD, FFS!!) on penalties thanks to our keeper. We were second best.

But your missing the point until we get some BETTER players in, things are not going to change and a win is a win!

Guest Woz1867

These players should be good enough for this league though. We're playing too negative against really poor sides.

I completely agree, but unfortunately most of the players seem to be struggling in this league. In the last two games Teale has been the only man to want to run at players, our central midfield are not great hence why we dont create many chances. We just have to take the wins when they come! FOR NOW!

JUST SHOWS WHERE WE COULD BE IF WE DIDN'T TAKE THE FIELD EVERY WEEK WITH IRVINE HAVING TIED OUR LACES TOGETHER...

Guest Sheff Owl

Said it in another thread we are one favourites for promotion, we have the best squad we have had for years and today we play Leyton Orient at home...

and we put 5 IN MIDFIELD IN THE SECOND HALF!!

Irvines seems to treat them like robots imo, he seems to have wiped all the creativity and pace out of the team.

The players sometimes look nervous maybe because Irvine is giving them so much information he is baffling them.

I completely agree, but unfortunately most of the players seem to be struggling in this league. In the last two games Teale has been the only man to want to run at players, our central midfield are not great hence why we dont create many chances. We just have to take the wins when they come! FOR NOW!

they are struggling because they are played out of position or because they have no service at all, its the system and therefore the manager thats the problem, not the players

Guest Woz1867

they are struggling because they are played out of position or because they have no service at all, its the system and therefore the manager thats the problem, not the players

Nope its a mixture of both players and manager! I was surprised that JJ didnt make an appearance today.

But hey we won, weve got money coming in.

We had a bad september, smile.

Saturdays are a lot better when we win!

We are Wednesday!

Said it in another thread we are one favourites for promotion, we have the best squad we have had for years and today we play Leyton Orient at home...

and we put 5 IN MIDFIELD IN THE SECOND HALF!!

Irvines seems to treat them like robots imo, he seems to have wiped all the creativity and pace out of the team.

The players sometimes look nervous maybe because Irvine is giving them so much information he is baffling them.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Too much information and straight-jacketing into rigid formations and systems does not let players think for themselves or work as a team UTO

Edited by glynnb

Guest We'll be back

Totally agree, was so tempted to make a thread on this.

I would only be slated for it!

Looking at the forums anyone would think we'd lost the game :rolleyes:

But your missing the point until we get some BETTER players in, things are not going to change and a win is a win!

What is a better player? Does money get you a better player, if we had a team full of Messis would we be a better team? Does buying an expensive player mean he's going to do what he is told? Match of match I see AI on the touchline shouting out orders and the players don't do what they are told. Having good ball skills is the smallest fraction of a game of football - Positional skills, anticipation and the ability to read the game is everything in football; it is a team game after all.

What is a better player? Does money get you a better player, if we had a team full of Messis would we be a better team? Does buying an expensive player mean he's going to do what he is told? Match of match I see AI on the touchline shouting out orders and the players don't do what they are told. Having good ball skills is the smallest fraction of a game of football - Positional skills, anticipation and the ability to read the game is everything in football; it is a team game after all.

Why then, does Semi, who is supposed to be the quickest player at the club stop at the halfway line and not once attack the space behind the full back?....cos' thats what he's been told to do by the manager

Why then, does Semi, who is supposed to be the quickest player at the club stop at the halfway line and not once attack the space behind the full back?....cos' thats what he's been told to do by the manager

At a guess, I'd say it was because he was playing in defence and having defenders getting to where a winger should be is not a good thing. And another thing, I've heard people say we lack pace. Maybe we do but what's the point in having pace if nobody else has it? What's a player to do, sprint down the wing (because that's what we predictably do) and then wait 5 minutes for a teammate to catch up with him? Johnson and Semi have pace but they'll still have to wait for the donkeys, unless the both play on different wings.

Points are points at the end of the day.. but...

Oldham - Bore fest

Notts County - Lucky

Orient - Lucky also.

But like I said points are points and we didn't deserve them.

I don't moan about the crowds as i don't go and have no intention to, fans have every reason to stay away.

Guest Leebarmyarmyswfc

One thing that I found strange yesterday was that after a successful outing for Tudgay last week at Notts County in midfield (where he actually scored his first outfield goal of the season), was the fact that Irvine proceeded to play him up front again where he has been relatively ineffective all season.

Edited by Leebarmyarmyswfc

One thing that I found strange yesterday was that after a successful outing for Tudgay last week at Notts County (where he actually scored his first outfield goal of the season), was the fact that Irvine proceeded to play him up front again where he has been relatively ineffective all season.

all our strikers are ineffective bacause A/ they don't receive the ball INSIDE the area and B/ they have no support from midfield (potter.o'connor yesterday)

Guest Leebarmyarmyswfc

all our strikers are ineffective bacause A/ they don't receive the ball INSIDE the area and B/ they have no support from midfield (potter.o'connor yesterday)

Point taken, but I felt last week that Tudgay did provide that support from the middle of the park.