For really getting under the skin of Lee Hughes.

Looked like Hughes took exception to Beevers going down easy for one challenge and from then on they were giving each verbals for the rest of the game which ended with Hughes going straight for beevers at the end of the game only for JoC to hold Hughes back.

Well done beevers

Guest barrowowl

I thought he had a cracking game all round defensively - distribution as ever needs a bit of work but a defenders first job is to defend and that is exactly what he did!

Looked like Hughes took exception to Beevers going down easy for one challenge and from then on they were giving each verbals for the rest of the game which ended with Hughes going straight for beevers at the end of the game only for JoC to hold Hughes back.

Well done beevers

came back on wednesdayite coach with beevers dad.

had message from mark saying lee hughes told him if he didnt get him in the tunnel that he would wait outside changing rooms for him. he was waiting and the wednesday boys un-workable him off!!

Edited by Howard Mosley

I worried after the first 20 minutes as has been said- it was almost exactly like watching Alan Lee vs Beevers at the end of last season.

Beevers destroyed him for the rest of the game though- i don't think Hughes got a kick in the 2nd half. It went from the horrific to the brilliant from Beevers.

Hughes was kicking off at Beevers t one point in the 2nd half, and needed taking down a peg or two. Who sorted him out? Was it our big, scary CB Purse? Nope. Any of our 6 foot+ midfielders? Nope..... little James O'Connor put him in his place! JoC absolutely kicked the poo poo out of him for about 20 minutes non-stop in the 2nd half.

Nice to see Beev standing up for himself though- the nasty streak in his game has come on leaps and bounds since he's been playing alongside Purse, and 18 months ago he would have run away from Hughes rather than give some back.

Anyone watch the last 5 minutes though after Beevers and JoC had been havig verbals with Hughes? Hughes was flying into every challenge with his elbows up and had clearly totally lost self-control...... total c**t tbh.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Well done to them both, they defeated him.

When up against players trying to get under your own skin, you always win by ignoring them and walking away.

When Hughes and that other slap-head were playing upfront together my mate came out with a cracker:

'flip me, they've got the national front playing for them.'

Edited by igm1

Well done beevers

Thought this tw@t was only good at going for people in his merc....then legging it!!!

Edited by Glenn59