What did he lose it with Beevers for? Did JOC just keep clattering him then as a repayment?

What a tool waiting around outside the dressing room, I guess that means he didnt fancy taking on the whole team :biggrin:

Someone who is a bully is what we need in attack in this league I think, but someone who loses their rag is just a liability.

What did he lose it with Beevers for? Did JOC just keep clattering him then as a repayment?

What a tool waiting around outside the dressing room, I guess that means he didnt fancy taking on the whole team :biggrin:

Someone who is a bully is what we need in attack in this league I think, but someone who loses their rag is just a liability.

Beevers went down after a tackle from Hughes, which Hughes reckoned was a dive.

Beevers and Coke then had words with Hughes, before JoC came on the scene and appeared to be calming things down.

Then about 30 seconds later, O'Connor came steamrolling in on Hughes and floored him, to which Hughes reacted, cue JoC and Hughes going chest to chest and finger pointing etc etc

The next 20 odd minutes was just JoC going in on Hughes as hard as he could- plenty of hacking involved, although O'Connor did keep things relatively legal tbf to him.

Then in the last 10 minutes, Beevers and Hughes had to be pulled apart by Purse...not sure what caused it (maybe the Beev having a few words?) and after that Hughes was chasing about like a mad man going in with elbows at head height, before 'offering Beevers out' after the final whistle (classy way to prove your doubters wrong eh Hughes? :blink: )

I love watching O'Connor getting invovled with people twice his size though- he might be poo poo at football, but he's got balls the size of coconuts.

Please re type the last sentence in English please. :mellow:

Yeah what do you mean, hughes is a bully he was picking on young Beevers all game could not understand why none of our lads had a go at him.

I was shouting at the bold headed t**t to come and have a go at me.

Beevers went down after a tackle from Hughes, which Hughes reckoned was a dive.

Beevers and Coke then had words with Hughes, before JoC came on the scene and appeared to be calming things down.

Then about 30 seconds later, O'Connor came steamrolling in on Hughes and floored him, to which Hughes reacted, cue JoC and Hughes going chest to chest and finger pointing etc etc

The next 20 odd minutes was just JoC going in on Hughes as hard as he could- plenty of hacking involved, although O'Connor did keep things relatively legal tbf to him.

Then in the last 10 minutes, Beevers and Hughes had to be pulled apart by Purse...not sure what caused it (maybe the Beev having a few words?) and after that Hughes was chasing about like a mad man going in with elbows at head height, before 'offering Beevers out' after the final whistle (classy way to prove your doubters wrong eh Hughes? :blink: )

I love watching O'Connor getting invovled with people twice his size though- he might be poo poo at football, but he's got balls the size of coconuts.

Cheers, Lee Hughes is a handy player but a liability at times. Worked well for us.

O'Connor's attitude is what gets him my support, always gives 110%, gets stuck in and its always good to see a more experienced player sort out a bully.

He may be pint sized but I wouldnt want to scrap with James O'Connor, he'd be like some kind of crazed terrier. I wonder who had to sort Hughes out at the dressing room.

JO'C has gone up IMO. That's the kind of team spirit we need.

As far as Hughes hanging around the dressing room after the match, if it was true, pity he didn't hang around after the accident.

Should be reported to the FA.

Edited by marconi

Beevers has the talent, all that has been missing is his distribution and a bit of malice. I've noticed since Irvine has arrived that when Beevers clears the ball, he now attempts to clear long down the line, so that a forward has a chance to chase it, previously, Beevers just hooked the ball into touch.

Another thing, Beevers sometimes carries the ball out of defence, for a big lad he is quite comfortable on the ball and this should be encouraged.

Good to see him standing up to the opposition, maybe we are now starting to see the player we all thought he was going to be when he first appeared in the team.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

As far as Hughes hanging around the dressing room after the match, if it was true, pity he didn't hang around after the accident.

Players like big Jack always said what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. Definitely should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Beevers should have let Hughes tw@ him the done him foir

assault.

Players like big Jack always said what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. Definitely should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Beevers should have let Hughes tw@ him the done him foir

assault.

Wouldn't have looked good on his criminal record. That bloke really needs to take a hard look at himself.

This.

Also tryin to bully a young lad, once a coward always a coward.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

wonder how Douglas Graham's family react everytime they see Lee Hughes on a football pitch, as a role model / hero for young children.

Personally makes me sick to the stomach. There's reconciliation with a community and getting your life back on track, but not when you are idolised and in the public eye.

Should never have been allowed to play football again.

Guest Romish Owl

For really getting under the skin of Lee Hughes.

Looked like Hughes took exception to Beevers going down easy for one challenge and from then on they were giving each verbals for the rest of the game which ended with Hughes going straight for beevers at the end of the game only for JoC to hold Hughes back.

Well done beevers

Beevers - going down easy , now where have I heard that before :biggrin:lol

For really getting under the skin of Lee Hughes.

Looked like Hughes took exception to Beevers going down easy for one challenge and from then on they were giving each verbals for the rest of the game which ended with Hughes going straight for beevers at the end of the game only for JoC to hold Hughes back.

Well done beevers

If it works, use it.

If you like players standing up for each other, just remember what it was like in the early 90s.

Any problem and everyone seemed to say their piece.

Palmer, Shex, Wilson, Hirst, Pearson, Shirtliff, Anderson...... I know who i would put my money on with that lot giving it one.

Now THATS a team!!!!!!!!!

But it's great to read about JOc, lets have more and have some REAL spirit.

If you like players standing up for each other, just remember what it was like in the early 90s.

Any problem and everyone seemed to say their piece.

Palmer, Shex, Wilson, Hirst, Pearson, Shirtliff, Anderson...... I know who i would put my money on with that lot giving it one.

Now THATS a team!!!!!!!!!

But it's great to read about JOc, lets have more and have some REAL spirit.

I was impressed by it yesterday- after the team spirit disaster of last season, when some players weren't even talking to other players such was the unhappiness, it was excellent that there is real unity in the camp- it's what wins you leagues tbh.

It wasn't just O'Connor yesterday to be fair to them all- Purse, Spurr, Coke, Tudgay and even Potter were very much a unit in the 2nd half when there was a bit of aggro about.

Seemed that Irvine told JOC to double up on Hughes in the 2nd half.

Loved seeing JOC go through him. He might be flippingtiny, but he is isn't scared of s tackle.

What a day yesterday

Good tactical move by Irvine although most of the Irvine out brigade won't have noticed it.

Told O'Connor to go and follow Hughes everywhere- every ball forward, JoC and Beevers sandwiched Hughes and stopped him from bringing the ball down like he was doing in the first 25 minutes. Suddenly he couldn't get more than one touch at a time- if he got the ball to feet, JoC was winning it ahead of him, and if it came at head height, Beevers was knocking it away.

Just a flipping pity Irvine didn't do the same thing when Alan Lee ripped Beevers a new one on the last day of last season.