Things i didn't know but do now

100k is chicken feed compared to whats been spent off the field upgrading stuff.

I feel we could have done it more gradual leaving funds back for plan B which was needed to fund the playing staff side in January. Big mistakes have been made by the last chairman imo.

To right fella,more should have been done to fund the playing staff before upgarding stuff.

You've no idea what Wilko's suggestions have been, or whether they gave a benefit or not. But if it serves your obsession with him, that doesn't matter does it.

I know we got rumbleing relegated after he started "advising" on football matters

Guest totemowl

I know we got rumbleing relegated after he started "advising" on football matters

Then he must be to blame, for "advising", or whatever else you are implying. Especially for all the "things", he "allegedly" "advised" on.

Meanwhile the people who actually had responsibility apparently go blameless, in your wilko-obsessed world.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

If the deal that £100k helped negotiate gets completed by one of the 6, then its worth every penny.

Maybe the £100k included legal fees - not sure NP meant the full amount was direct payments to ICS.

100k is chicken feed compared to whats been spent off the field upgrading stuff.

I feel we could have done it more gradual leaving funds back for plan B which was needed to fund the playing staff side in January. Big mistakes have been made by the last chairman imo.

NP said that money WAS available for a striker in January but the manager couldn't fine the right player.

15 Money made available to get a decent loan striker before deadline AI couldnt attract one

16 Drop to L1 cost at least £2.5m player budget protected down only £1m only Southampton will have higher

17 iF ANY FEES FOR PLAYERS ARE PAID WILL HAVE TO COME OUT OF OUR BUGET

18 Casio Bob is a financial genius 830 am caal to NP everyday

19 James didnt wear black shirt

20 CS9 annoyed but NP + Other Direcors dont want anything to do with them

21 Nobody told Pete from Wednesdayite it was a members Q & A and not a Pete Q&A

22 10000 st barrier passed tomorrow

23 Ten staff to do more ringing round tomorrow to keep 22 going up

He did like the sound of his own voice, nobody who was sat around me thought the same.

Then he must be to blame, for "advising", or whatever else you are implying. Especially for all the "things", he "allegedly" "advised" on.

Meanwhile the people who actually had responsibility apparently go blameless, in your wilko-obsessed world.

I'm not a fan of his and don't ever pretend otherwise - it's not an obsession but it is worrying imo - and i know i'm not alone in that but he will have is backers and detractors

He was brought in with the remit to evaluate and revamp the football operations

Within weeks we were getting prozone and massively increasing our backroom staff - at the cost of a lot of money

We struggled on the pitch and got relegated

Maybe not in your world but in mine the advisor fvcked up big time - if he'd advised we stabilised with a btter team on the pitch firstly then despite my reluctance i'd have applauded him.

I have never said any different but the FIRST and most important changes must happen on the pitch and not behind the scenes

If you disagree, then hey ho...

Edited by scram

Guest Bellsview

Utter horseshit that spending £100k on a failed deal is "worth it" because it has opened the door for others - relegation and the price drop has opened that door, and £100k wasted (plus another £70k last year) is £100k wasted however you spin it.

Given the unpaid hours LS put in during his time here I can forgive him that figure, or do all the positives he did for the club suddenly become forgottten now?

Guest Deleted member

11 Nigel has full breakdown of the other expenditure after question re £15m turnover £6m wages what is rest spent on

I wasn't making notes but a quick tot up only found half of it...

Guest Deleted member

Most alarming thing there - we paid for their flights (and presumably other expenses) when their entire deal was based around one investor who was clearly not actually committed. You tell me you want to buy my house, I will show you around, but get knotted if I am paying your petrol. You say you want me to do that, you better put a deposit down or, at the very least, show me you have the money to close no matter what.

f**k me there you go again jumping to conclusions...

Guest britmod_owl

to be fair thats some intersting news thats slightly positive - it also feels quite honest which when it was starting to go wrong at end of season i think the honesty was taken away.

1 Legacy of LS endorsed by whole Board no going back on cooperation with fans

2 D&T cost us £70k allin previous years accounts

3 Player budget £5m 2nd highest in division

4 AI happy 3 is competetive

5 Cloud 9 business cost us circa £100k all in inc £6k in flights

6 Club has 6 sets of other investors all more credible than C9 and more money

7 £20m became £10m became £5m became £2m (became flip off)

8 A certain group described as bullies only Hallam will give them air time star & RS sussed them

f**k me there you go again jumping to conclusions...

:laugh:

Guest totemowl

I'm not a fan of his and don't ever pretend otherwise - it's not an obsession but it is worrying imo - and i know i'm not alone in that but he will have is backers and detractors

He was brought in with the remit to evaluate and revamp the football operations

Within weeks we were getting prozone and massively increasing our backroom staff - at the cost of a lot of money

We struggled on the pitch and got relegated

Maybe not in your world but in mine the advisor fvcked up big time - if he'd advised we stabilised with a btter team on the pitch firstly then despite my reluctance i'd have applauded him.

I have never said any different but the FIRST and most important changes must happen on the pitch and not behind the scenes

If you disagree, then hey ho...

I suspect he's had an important role but less significant than you imply. As for Prozone, my recollection is that Laws was using it pre-Strafford and pre-Wilkinson, and that Laws was keen to get a significant upgrade and did so pre-2009/10. Post-Laws, I can't recall Prozone being mentioned by the club once. Another Laws idea, the scout with the extensive player database, went off to Burnley with him, also implying to me that it was Laws who was the driver behind all this technical wizardry.

Another physio possibly - but not on the scale we saw - especially when were struggling for players

And whether we had more/less injuries is not necessarily due to any changes - it could be coincidental - we'll never know

What we do know is that the best resourced, biggest and most technical medical departments can have a lot more injurys than the lone physio with little medical support

I agree that correlation does not equal causation, but it's a safe bet that it played some part.

But in general I agree with your main points.