Pre-season friendlies

Anyone know when the fixture will be released?

Pretty sure we're heading to Austria for two games to play a local side and a fellow English side, as well as visiting Grimsby, but other than that I haven't seen any news on who we're playing?

Also, I can remember a year ago LS got some stick for 'only' attracting Blackburn and Hull to Hillsborough and said you needed a year to reserve the best teams - I wonder who he's got up his sleeve...

Pretty sure we're heading to Austria for two games to play a local side and a fellow English side, as well as visiting Grimsby, but other than that I haven't seen any news on who we're playing?

Also, I can remember a year ago LS got some stick for 'only' attracting Blackburn and Hull to Hillsborough and said you needed a year to reserve the best teams - I wonder who he's got up his sleeve...

If it was Real Madrid you'd flipping moan about it.........

Apparently at an event at hillsborough Irvine did recently he said we were off to Scotland and I think the other country was Austria or somwhere like that. Said players were gonna have toughest pre season of their lives. Give em hell Alan they bleedin deserve it

Stoke City :rolleyes:

Apparently at an event at hillsborough Irvine did recently he said we were off to Scotland and I think the other country was Austria or somwhere like that. Said players were gonna have toughest pre season of their lives. Give em hell Alan they bleedin deserve it

TBF Musing, dont think many of the bassards who really deserve it, will be here to feel it!

TBF Musing, dont think many of the bassards who really deserve it, will be here to feel it!

Ah probably, they'll all be off on moves up in their careers to MASSIVE clubs like Coventry and QPR ect while were stuck watching other clubs cast offs in League 1 :mad: Though if it means getting rid of some of the deadwood at the club I'll be more than happy for some other club that doesn't know any better to give them a pay rise and new car :happy:

Stoke City :rolleyes:

That would be a shocking choice for me. Ryan Shawcross and Wilkinson are just a bunch of glorified thugs. I remember the year they went up Shawcross broke Jeffers' ankle in the away fixture and Wilkinson forced McAllister off in the home game. They both don't seem to have cleaned up their act either.

On the other note, Kivo are you sure Austria? I've been on every pre-season trip since 2002, and in Malta this pre-season LS stated the USA was the preferred choice and all would be announced by Christmas. Looks like another white lie by our 'fantastic' chairman....

That would be a shocking choice for me. Ryan Shawcross and Wilkinson are just a bunch of glorified thugs. I remember the year they went up Shawcross broke Jeffers' ankle in the away fixture and Wilkinson forced McAllister off in the home game. They both don't seem to have cleaned up their act either.

On the other note, Kivo are you sure Austria? I've been on every pre-season trip since 2002, and in Malta this pre-season LS stated the USA was the preferred choice and all would be announced by Christmas. Looks like another white lie by our 'fantastic' chairman....

Irvine said he likes to go to Austria & Scotland.