NOW is the time...

Guest totemowl

I'll commit to a new season ticket when I see the commitment mirrored on the pitch from the players

No effort or fight yesterday

Is 5 wins out of 7 enough to make you commit?

I came back from Forest after watching my team get beaten but not disgraced and had no complaints about our work rate and effort .

Yesterday i saw a totally inept performance against a poor side but the lack of basic application and effort yesterday was unforgivable .

The most disturbing thing was that apparently AI thought we worked hard ??

Fans will not stand for lack of effort, and why should they its a basic requirement .

Agree with this.

We were unspectacular against Forest and didn't play particularly well as such, but we were organised and battled. We were listening to Billy Davies on Radio Notts after the game and he was incredibly respectful of our work ethic. Forest are a good side with some good attacking players who can play abit of football, but Davies set a team out that day to match us for fight and work ethic.

Fast forward to this week, the difference has been drastic. Against both Doncaster and Ipswich the effort applied to the cause was absolutley pathetic. A complete insult to the shirt and the fans that pay to watch them prance around in it.

Iv been a season ticket holder for 10years and watched us finish just 3points from relegation to LEAGUE2! I like many others have seen some utter crap served up at hillsborough, but this last year iv lost my patience and will not be putting my money for a season ticket next year as i dont fancy wasting it this time.

Tired of spending vast sums of money home and away watching players that dont appear to care or put 110% in for that blue and white shirt, this is the minimum we supporters deserve! I dont think that season ticket prices are value for money. Im tired of promise of investment and nothing happens as per...

I still love wednesday the club the same, but i hate the players representing us and the fact we have nothing to look forward to in the coming years without investment. It is all these reasons and more that has drained me personally and i have gone without things in life because iv "bought a season ticket" or "away ticket and travel" and now im going to keep that money to myself to use for things that cant let me down time and time again.

What have we got to look forward to next season really? If we stay up we will have another "nothing" season garanteed, and LS saying other clubs wont have as much money next season doesnt exactly get me excited for next season, we will still be nothing more than average without investment in the team.

Im just fed up and have lost all faith in where the club is going in the long term. People can say im not a true fan if they like, but tbh i dont really care anymore, and its not just me that feels like this unfortunately.

The above statement is a sad one to say the least. I cannot blame you at all, football is a soulless game that fuels the ego's of people who couldn't care less about who they play for more how much they get paid. And looking at SWFC's current plight, one could be forgiven for not seeing the light at the end of a seemingly endless tunnel. But my friend, love of football is a curse and a blessing. These are the hard times, someday, hopefully soon, things will change for the better and we shall be challenging at the right end of the league. Keep the faith bro and don't give up on the owls.

UTO.

To all of you I'm waiting to see or I've given up, what is your alternative to our current situation and do you blindly believe we will still be in existence if our crowds drop. Be very clear This is last chance saloon. Why do you think LS is being so blunt and communicating everywhere he can, come on think about it!

Portsmouth is the tip of the iceberg in football, the position we are in is worse than the seventies and it was the fans who got us out of that. I can understand your anger but there is NO alternative.

If you've got one that makes any sense get down to s6 on Monday.Better more enlightened people than you and me haven't got one.

To all of you I'm waiting to see or I've given up, what is your alternative to our current situation and do you blindly believe we will still be in existence if our crowds drop. Be very clear This is last chance saloon. Why do you think LS is being so blunt and communicating everywhere he can, come on think about it!

Portsmouth is the tip of the iceberg in football, the position we are in is worse than the seventies and it was the fans who got us out of that. I can understand your anger but there is NO alternative.

If you've got one that makes any sense get down to s6 on Monday.Better more enlightened people than you and me haven't got one.

Very true!!

For the past 10 years when for many of that period we've been absolutely garbage, the one thing we could always count on was the fans support for the club. I don't mean this to the point that it could be taken forgranted, but what I do mean is that unlike the past 10 years, we now have a chairman in charge who openely tells the fans what this support does for the club and where the supporters money is going to so that we can see for the first time, just what our support means financially to the club.

Regardless of our own individual opinions of certain players or the team as a whole, we need to get behind them and take the higher ground as the alternative would be unthinkable.

This club cannot afford to be relegated again, it would set us back years and I for one will try my best to get behind the team in anyway I can (even though I think certain players in the team are a complete waste of space) in order to try to play my part (however small it may be) in trying to help avoid this.

Can anybody imagine for a minute just how humiliating it would be for the pigs to be the ones to send us down in April? Now I know ultimately the responsibility of making sure that doesn't happen lies with the manager and the players BUT surely we also have a part to play in trying to avoid this scenario too!! UTO, WTID!!!

They were good enough the other week when they were winning

To be fair, they weren't were they. We managed to get a one goal advantage, work hard, rode our luck and hung on for the wins.

I think in all the games we never look convincing but managed to grind out a result even though we could have easily lost those games. We need more of this to survive but it relies on the right application, determination and graft from a limited bunch of wasters.

I'll be there supporting the club come what may next season, but the players really, really p!ss me off at the moment. Most of them don't give a throw and the effort in recent games has been an embarassment to the club.

Good luck AI. Hope you can shake them up enough to get a response.

I totally agree with the sentiments of the post, but it was the trotally gutless, inept performance of the players that pi**ed me off. For a big...no MASSIVE 6 pointer they simply didn't want to know and I am disgusted with them.

I love your optimism and I know its only 2 games but there is no way this group of players are going to win against Reading (another MASSIVE game) They simply don't want it enough.

Our only chance of getting out of this is to loan in some half decent midfielders who have the desire to win. I know Lee is watching the purse strings, but if we don't take action very very soon we will be relegated and it will be too late.

I pray that the club and manager gamble on getting some new blood in midfield to save us and I long for the summer to get rid of all the garbage players that we have accumulated. There is no one, absolutely no one we should retain (and I will be amazed if any of them find a club in this division)

For the record I too will still be there in Division 3 supporting my club next season, but will be glad to see the back of this current squad

Guest owls_4_life

I agree mate. This is what I was trying to get at on another thread.

But there's a difference between going along but just sitting there not 'getting behind' the players and actually being to BLAME for the defeat (which is what you were saying in your first post on the other thread).