Your favourite Wednesday player.

Guest Woz1867

sheridan . Played it the way i allways dreamed id see a wednesday player play the game , but then again we were spoilt for choice around that time unlike some !

spoilt for choice, yes.

Then came along a weird signing by Francis into the team that Atkinson built. I thought it was a million pound wasted on an ageing has been.

That has been turned into the best entertainment I have seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Chris Waddle was the character. I remember him skinning Giggs, then going back to beat him again just because he could!

I remember him sitting on the billboards whilst an injury to a player was being attended to, and he borrowed someone's programme to read. I wish more players today played the game like Waddle did. With a smile on their face.

Guest BigDave

spoilt for choice, yes.

Then came along a weird signing by Francis into the team that Atkinson built. I thought it was a million pound wasted on an ageing has been.

That has been turned into the best entertainment I have seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Chris Waddle was the character. I remember him skinning Giggs, then going back to beat him again just because he could!

I remember him sitting on the billboards whilst an injury to a player was being attended to, and he borrowed someone's programme to read. I wish more players today played the game like Waddle did. With a smile on their face.

Has to be Hirst but yes Waddle was unique remember him conducting the kop while an injured player was being seen to and when he put Giggs on his arse just a simple im the daddy here Ryan, i dont think Waddle touched the ball think Giggs fell over watching him step and shimmy over like he did

In a squad full of full international players - Waddle stood out as the cream of the crop. Even along side quality such as Hirst, SHeridan, Walker, Nielson, Palmer etc

His form at Hillsboro should have gotten him back into the England team. Remember he won the "player of the year" while here.

A few seasons later there is also no doubt that Di Canio was genius!