Most Inspiring Appointment

AppointmentsBFR = ecstatic, delirious and state of permanent excitement Tricky = Wise choice because i couldn't bear to see that awesome team broken up and felt an appointment from within was the right thingBFR2 = delightedPleat = Not unhappy - been there and done it so in theory a decent appointmentWilson = incredulous - felt betrayedJewell = good choice at the time but intruth nobody stood a chanceYorath - apoplectic - nice decent guy but - rumbleing hellTurner = doubly, trebly and then some enraged - apoplectic - incandescent with indescribable rage - Wednesday's manager job had been desecratedSturrock - Pleasantly surprised - right man at the right time - and so it provedLaws = as for Turner but i will admit his decent honesty did win me round - i never expected anything from him thoughIrvine = initial disappointment - but not outraged - probably best feeling since BFR2 imo

I can't help worrying that Irvine is no better than Laws and we have simply spent money paying off Laws, Hiring Irvine, changing backroom staff and undoubtedly a few players to end up just about where we were.....except for the continuity.I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this, I'd love to be...Come on Irvine.....make it happen.

AppointmentsBFR = ecstatic, delirious and state of permanent excitement Tricky = Wise choice because i couldn't bear to see that awesome team broken up and felt an appointment from within was the right thingBFR2 = delightedPleat = Not unhappy - been there and done it so in theory a decent appointmentWilson = incredulous - felt betrayedJewell = good choice at the time but intruth nobody stood a chanceYorath - apoplectic - nice decent guy but - rumbleing hellTurner = doubly, trebly and then some enraged - apoplectic - incandescent with indescribable rage - Wednesday's manager job had been desecratedSturrock - Pleasantly surprised - right man at the right time - and so it provedLaws = as for Turner but i will admit his decent honesty did win me round - i never expected anything from him thoughIrvine = initial disappointment - but not outraged - probably best feeling since BFR2 imo

and after tricky trev ....... guess who has the largest win percentage ?GULP

Must admit after the inital disappointment this is growing on me.Laws and all with the possible exception of KPS(because of his brief time with Southampton) have all been lower league managers(div 1 experience in the main) this is the first time in 10 years we've got some one in with a bit of a pedigree. OK he's not at the Coppell/Curbs level but he has coached and been an assistant at the highest level with success. Yes he's a dour Scot but so are Kenny, SAF and Moyes, if he can get the team playing and winning he'll get my support

Edited by ponym110

Guest Distraught!

Irvine is an interesting one for me. Wouldn't be in my top three favourites but I can certainly see the merits. It is either a very inspirational appointment or will turn out a complete disaster. I can't see it just being OK.He seemed to accept the job very quickly. That would suggest to me that he is more than confident about turning the club's current position around and he is equally excited about the club's future prospects. I know he was out of work but he doesn't seem that the kind of guy that would need to dive at the first available opportunity. He could have taken a "wait and see" approach but he decided it was the right job straight away. That has to be a positive sign.I truly wish him the best of luck. It goes without saying that he has to hit the ground running and has no time to dally about decisions!

I'm happy with Irvine, he's a good Championship Manager & we're a Championship club (just!!!) so what more could we've realisticaly hoped for?I think he's exactly what we need. We've been a shambles this season & need someone to get us organized.Though I'm not sure I'd use the term 'inspiring', I at least feel reassured.

This is a very posistive appointment, a bit like getting a player with loads of potential.

I more than think we are in safe hands, to be honest thou i have thought that since Lee has been at the helm.

They really are re-juvinating this club.

Asbestos Removal

Edited by fibre1

Ok.....That's not saying an awful lot,andAdmittedly....it's not by a million miles,But there you go. Well done Lee, and good luck Alan.UTO :biggrin:

I never thought Trevor was a particularly inspiring choice. He was crap too, hanging on the coat tails of a team he didn't build.

ROFLOL!!!

Most inspiring, arguable, biggest failure, definately.

WHAT AN EFFING MISTAKE.

I hold Trevor Francis personally responsible for ruining the team.

His first season in charge was his most successful, oh and look, it was an inherited team.

Over the years of his tenure, his slowly destroyed the success of promotion and the MAN UTD cup victory, the club finished progressively lower in the league which finally led to our demise and drop from the top flight.

The only two things he did right were WADDLE and WALKER.

So thanks, Trevor, thanks for ruining everything.

Had LS not moved as quickly as he did once Irvine departed PNE, I reckon Irvine would have found himself the preferred candidate - by a long way - for the Burnley job.

I wish Brian Laws all the best at Burnley but I firmly believe that we have the better manager of the two.

Can't wait to see how the team react to their new manager on Saturday at Barnsley, always assuming that the match beats the weather of course.

Up the Owls!