Sedgewick are you sure you are a wednesdayite!

Guest pac-man

Guest pac-man

Sedgewick is poor. Cannot run, pass, cross and is always out of position. That is why potter and Buxton are looking so bad as we are missing a right side midfielder and cover for the right back.

I am not surprised when you look at the bigger picture we played all night with a player short. It would be easier to start with 10 men. At least they know where to cover then!

Sedgewick is poor. Cannot run, pass, cross and is always out of position. That is why potter and Buxton are looking so bad as we are missing a right side midfielder and cover for the right back.

I am not surprised when you look at the bigger picture we played all night with a player short. It would be easier to start with 10 men. At least they know where to cover then!

Disagree......Sedgewick didnt have a good game but thats nothing to do with the horrific display of Lewis Buxton. We shouldnt need a midfield player to provide cover for the fullback, his job is to defend. If anything Sedgewick had to play too deep and inside becaue Buxton was so poor. Ideally both wingers should be getting 'chalk on their boots' but if they are continually dragged back to cover schoolboy defending what do you expect. This isnt saying that Sedgewick wasnt poor, he was, but he wasnt helped by a completely inept display from our right back

Alot of our play went down the left side last night, but I personally thought that Sedgewick did little wrong and had steady game.

I think the problem was Teale looked that good on the left it made Sedgewick look worse than what he was.

Overall, glad to see we are finnally starting to play football a bit more, CM and NM were making some fantastic runs along their back line and I don't understand all the critiscism (no chance of spelling that) Potter is getting from last night - I thought that was one of his better games.

Still loads of room for improvement but onwards and upwards and heres hopeing for a 3 nil-er against Orient on Saturday!

UTO!!!

I'd sort of agree the comment above, Buxton was constantly out of position and very poor all night but I won't use that as an excuse for sedgewick, he is shocking, can't run can pass, can't cross, can't beat a man, he might put 100% in buts it's not enough, the sooner jj is back and this kid is dropped the better

I'm disappointed with Sedgewick as a signing - he was useless last night and didn't pose any threat to Chezzy,

the only attacking intent we had from the right was when Buxton was looking for the overlap.

so the times he was in their six yard box and a gnats away from getting his boot on the ball in front of goal wasn't him then?

I admit I am not convinced by Sedgwick yet.

However it does look like he is going to be joining Potter (who I don't rate myself btw) as a whipping boy.

Any player I don't rate I don't give them grief at the game as it's hardly likely to help them and the team overall imo. On here fair enough

Edited by horwichowl

I just can't figure out what Sedgewick is for!!!!!!!!!

He isn't a fast winger, he isn't tricky, he seldom gets a cross in.

He isn't an obvious midfielder - he doesn't tackle, doesn't make telling passed, isn't a defensive midfielder.

He doesn't move much either!!

(I knew he'd miss his penalty too as he has no bottle)

If he is a Wednesdayite, he ought to do what is best for the team and come and sit in the stand

Guest pac-man

Jumps about 5 minutes early for headers and misses every one.

No he won one! He shouldn't be in the team he has nothing to offer and leaves the right side wide open. Buxton cannot contend with 2 player down the right side for Sedgwick to go missing. My previous point is valid as we have one player missing from midfield and no cover for the full back. In a 4-4-2 this kills the formation. Look at the left jones and teale working as a team back and forward. Why have a right sided midfield that goes missing and runs around like a headless chicken offering nothing. This guy is on more money than most and offering nothing to us!