It is there for the taking - Brighton at the Amex

Guest SE25 Eagle

Guest SE25 Eagle

3 Years ago today Palace went to the Amex 0-0 from the first leg. We HAD to get something with it being away from home. However, as with Palace, if the 2000 or so that makes the trip down there on Monday are representative of the fantastic support that I saw at Hillsborough tonight you will absolutely kill them off. The Amex is like a library, if they haven't got pre-printed song sheets or clackers then they don't know how to support their team.

You actually have the advantage away, because the Amex is a non-descript plastic wonky lego-style stadium miles from any known football civilisation, and they don't understand passion like you do, to most Brighton are their second team.

I was cheering you on tonight, I will be cheering you on on Monday night, and I will be rooting for you at Wembley.

Do us a favour though, when you get into the PL, quieten it down a bit will you, we don't want our crown as the noisiest and most passionate fans in the PL being taken away from us :biggrin:

Guest SE25 Eagle

I remember that 2nd leg - Brighton were full of assumptions they'd done the job already. Thought the Eagles wanted it more. So long as we are not complacent and the Ref doesn't take pity on them we should be OK.

You are so right, the attitude was so arrogant it was unbelievable. I think they got into the Guinness book of records exactly three years ago today for "Most Cancelled Hotel Rooms Made in One Morning In The Wembley Area" :biggrin:

3 Years ago today Palace went to the Amex 0-0 from the first leg. We HAD to get something with it being away from home. However, as with Palace, if the 2000 or so that makes the trip down there on Monday are representative of the fantastic support that I saw at Hillsborough tonight you will absolutely kill them off. The Amex is like a library, if they haven't got pre-printed song sheets or clackers then they don't know how to support their team.

You actually have the advantage away, because the Amex is a non-descript plastic wonky lego-style stadium miles from any known football civilisation, and they don't understand passion like you do, to most Brighton are their second team.

I was cheering you on tonight, I will be cheering you on on Monday night, and I will be rooting for you at Wembley.

Do us a favour though, when you get into the PL, quieten it down a bit will you, we don't want our crown as the noisiest and most passionate fans in the PL being taken away from us :biggrin:

You silvery tongued devil, you!

Guest SE25 Eagle

If Brighton get an early goal my A**e is going to drop. Hopefully the players will take the sting out of them and control it like they did tonight

I think they will get an early goal, then be frustrated for the next 90 minutes where they wonder what to do, as the imaginatively named North, East, West & South stands fail to sing any other songs other than "Sussex by the Sea" which is on the song sheet.

Bannan will then hit a 30 yard screamer to put them out of their misery.

If it is 0-0 after 60 minutes though, watch the stadium empty as they all leave with their half and half scarves (either Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea)

I think they will get an early goal, then be frustrated for the next 90 minutes where they wonder what to do, as the imaginatively named North, East, West & South stands fail to sing any other songs other than "Sussex by the Sea" which is on the song sheet.

Bannan will then hit a 30 yard screamer to put them out of their misery.

If it is 0-0 after 60 minutes though, watch the stadium empty as they all leave with their half and half scarves (either Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea)

I'm switching to the full version just to plus this. Fantastic.

Amex like a library! Haha, it's been bouncing this season.

Noisiest and most passionate fans in the Prem - absolute joker. 12-15k fans not so long ago in the Championship. We've averaged over 25k for 4 seasons now (including a shocking season last year). Who has the 'plastic' support?

Guest ambrose21

You'll win both legs playing and supporting like that. However the laws of football dictate that nothing can ever be straight forward or easy. Kill the plastic scum off on Monday night, I want to see clackers thrown on the pitch in disgust.

Brighton didn't know what hit them last night at Hillsborough.

They're not used to the passion of real supporters like Wednesday fans

The Amex must be plastic and horrible like visiting Reading or some other tacky, manufactured, unspontaneous supported club in a plastic bowl of a stadium.

The Premier League needs some of the 'big boys' back

It needs Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest SE25 Eagle

Amex like a library! Haha, it's been bouncing this season.

Noisiest and most passionate fans in the Prem - absolute joker. 12-15k fans not so long ago in the Championship. We've averaged over 25k for 4 seasons now (including a shocking season last year). Who has the 'plastic' support?

You are having a laugh?, do you remember when you were homeless tramps and had to play in a sports centre in a retail park with a capacity of 8000 and couldn't fill it?

Then uncle Tony came along with his hundreds of millions and built you a stadium in the middle of nowhere, and all of a sudden Brighton were "Premier League Ready"

You know I'm right  :biggrin: