the pitch

its not about moaning its about improving.

the squad has improved but the pitch hasnt worked, nothing negative about it, glaringly obvious.

Exactly. It's not a moan from me either, just wanting the best for Wednesday and us to get in line with the standard of pitch that even lesser clubs than us have.

It's just something that needs sorting and hopefully it will this summer. The club should be looking to improve in many areas and the pitch is certainly one of them.

The grass hasn't grown well but the surface is flat and there are very few divots due to the desso strands holding it all in place I assume. It's infinitely better for playing football on than last season. And with a full summer of growth it will be an excellent surface next season.

It's not just about having a full summer of growth, it's about maintaining growth throughout the season, and that will only come with more lighting rigs and upgrading the power supply to Hillsborough to run the lighting rigs, something the club have said they are looking to sort out.

We won't really see if this problem has been sorted until December/January time next year when the pitch will have gone through bad weather no doubt.

It's not just about having a full summer of growth, it's about maintaining growth throughout the season, and that will only come with more lighting rigs and upgrading the power supply to Hillsborough to run the lighting rigs, something the club have said they are looking to sort out.

We won't really see if this problem has been sorted until December/January time next year when the pitch will have gone through bad weather no doubt.

Sure that will come into it but even in August you could see the grass hadn't thickened out properly, the hope from the Bristol City game was that it would grow more by December but it obviously didn't

personally thought we would have had better grass growth on this pitch, the only difference is the desso, if it wasnt for that it would look like it did last season.

its a poor playing surface, no matter how you try and gloss it, and these issues need sorting now for the future.

the pitch is poor.

you can take no positives from that pitch after £1M has been thrown at it

You do realise they haven't spent a million on the grass dont you ?

You do realise that the majority of the work was the foundations if you will of the pitch and new underssoil heating and drainage .

And lets have a pitch thread after every home game despite everyone knowing why the green bit isnt good 

Sure that will come into it but even in August you could see the grass hadn't thickened out properly, the hope from the Bristol City game was that it would grow more by December but it obviously didn't

Apparently the pitch is looking pretty much how the club thought it would now.

Even with a full summer of growth it would still have bare patches without the lighting rigs and power upgrade we desperately need.

I don't think the groundsman is blameless in all of this.

Steve Kiddy didn't have lighting rigs, or desso, or the drainage infrastructure that we currently have and his pitches were nowhere near as bad as what we have witnessed in the past few years.

I refuse to accept that it's down to a poor winter either. We've had barely any frosts or snow, and u until mid January it was unseasonably mild.

It has been pretty wet, but the new drainage should mean that isn't an issue, and Bramall Lane is like a snooker table in comparison, being just a couple of miles away and installed at the same time.

I don't think the groundsman is blameless in all of this.

Steve Kiddy didn't have lighting rigs, or desso, or the drainage infrastructure that we currently have and his pitches were nowhere near as bad as what we have witnessed in the past few years.

I refuse to accept that it's down to a poor winter either. We've had barely any frosts or snow, and up until mid January it was unseasonably mild.

It has been pretty wet, but the new drainage should mean that isn't an issue, and Bramall Lane is like a snooker table in comparison, being just a couple of miles away and installed at the same time.

Edited by Wath-owl

You do realise they haven't spent a million on the grass dont you ?

You do realise that the majority of the work was the foundations if you will of the pitch and new underssoil heating and drainage .

And lets have a pitch thread after every home game despite everyone knowing why the green bit isnt good 

yeah, i realise they have spent most of the money on the artificial part of the grass and thats the only bits we can see right now.

how many times were games at hillsborough called off because of a frozen pitch or waterlogged pitch before these so called improvements?

yeah, i realise they have spent most of the money on the artificial part of the grass and thats the only bits we can see right now.

how many times were games at hillsborough called off because of a frozen pitch or waterlogged pitch before these so called improvements?

Most of the money i would guess was spent on the huge amount of substructure that was needed not the grass nor the plastic bits