The Big Guy Nuhiu! Always Delivers At Big Games.

Guest TheCityOfWednesday

Guest Fedor

For what it's worth, incidentally, it looked to me like he deliberately shaped himself to get over that yesterday to fire it down into the pitch, and not a miskick at all.

the majority on here have never played football or they would have seen this...scuffed it... pmsl

Jesus wept.

No wonder some people think our fans are deluded.

Guest Fedor

I wonder if Fedor is going to pay the £50 charity bet we made?

Atdhe Nuhiu to outscore Stevie May - proceeds to Cavendish Cancer Care

Send us a link and I will gladly pay up.

Jesus wept.

No wonder some people think our fans are deluded.

While I'm annoying you, did you see Sterling's miss yesterday? My nan could have scored that, and she's dead.

But these aren't big games for us are they? We were mid table neither going up or down. They were just run of the mill championship games ( bar a cup tie at City) big games are surely ones we need to win or have a significant meaning. Stopping Watford winning the league when already promote means f all.

Of course it was scuffed. If he meant to deliberately strike it into the floor a yard (which he didn't) in front of him to deliberately bounce it over the keeper then he's a footballing genius - Because nobody else in this world is capable of reacting and making such a decision in a split second, not even Messi. Let alone executing it.

Of course they are.

The best in the world weigh up many variables and make adjustments accordingly in milliseconds.

For what it's worth we were really insipid and lacking even a remote threat until Nuhiu came on

Edited by scram

Nuhiu is often, to say the least, incapable of making all the split-second mental judgments and physical adjustments needed to pull off a tricky finish in that way, but sometimes everything will work for him and he'll score a good goal. The Nuhiu h8rs don't need to write off every single one of his goals as a fluke.

Edited by WC1Owl

Guest shakesby

Of course they are.

The best in the world weigh up many variables and make adjustments accordingly in milliseconds.

For what it's worth we were really insipid and lacking even a remote threat until Nuhiu came on

An interview with Messi said he pictures the goal and where it is in relative to his position, then decides on how to react.

That is not indicative of making decisions in split seconds - namely because they don't. Top players take into account the position of the goal before the goalkeeper. They don't then begin to consider the pitch, and how it will bounce in that period of time.

It'd be different if he had more time to react. But he had less than a second, he meant to volley it but hit it into the ground and it worked out.

Shooting is instinctual if you're a decent player. No player in the world, in the time Nuhiu had to shoot, could purposely do what he did unless prompted to do that beforehand.

The decision he made was pure luck. He meant to volley it, he mis hit it and it ended up working out. I'm glad it did.

An interview with Messi said he pictures the goal and where it is in relative to his position, then decides on how to react.

That is not indicative of making decisions in split seconds - namely because they don't. Top players take into account the position of the goal before the goalkeeper. They don't then begin to consider the pitch, and how it will bounce in that period of time.

It'd be different if he had more time to react. But he had less than a second, he meant to volley it but hit it into the ground and it worked out.

Shooting is instinctual if you're a decent player. No player in the world, in the time Nuhiu had to shoot, could purposely do what he did unless prompted to do that beforehand.

The decision he made was pure luck. He meant to volley it, he mis hit it and it ended up working out. I'm glad it did.

that's the problem with someone who gets all his football knowledge from Sky instead of playing it...coaches use to say Head it into the ground...kick it into the ground...it gives the keeper less reaction time to the bounce...mind you I was only 12 at the time so I know **** all

Neurocognitive processing in world class individuals is way less than a second

For top footballers it's as if they see things in slow motion

Reaction times of top individuals in sport are mind blowing

he hasn't upset me in the least i just don't think he is the be all and end all that some obviously do ,,good on him for getting the goals though as that's what he is there for ,

I think most people expected a Lee chapman / John Ritchie player... he isn't...he's good enough for this level...when we need better he has to step up or he'll be gone...that's progress...you have to remember we have had cvnts like Franny Jeffers playing for us

Edited by daveyboy66

Guest shakesby

that's the problem with someone who gets all his football knowledge from Sky instead of playing it...coaches use to say Head it into the ground...kick it into the ground...it gives the keeper less reaction time to the bounce...mind you I was only 12 at the time so I know **** all

Heading is completely different to volleying. And obviously if you want to be getting technical then your broad term of heading doesn't cover defensive headers. I'm assuming you know about them too?

I've received some top class coaching from different places and I've never once been told to purposely volley the ball into the ground. The fundamental elements are head and knee over the ball, don't lean back and don't try to hit it too hard. Interestingly, Nuhiu didn't seem to do any of them yesterday with his goal.

Tactics again, are different. It wasn't wet, the pitch wasn't slick. He didn't anticipate it would bounce over the keeper like it did.

He didn't mean to do it. It worked out OK, but it definitely wasn't intentional.

Guest shakesby

Aye, I've seen about Ronny and how he sees opponents weight shifting so he knows how to go past them. Pretty interesting, and slightly scary too. Super human like.

Still, I maintain no player could process that amount of information in that space of time.

A batsman when facing a world class pace bowler has something like half a second to react which supports your post Scram

The generally-accepted definition of a fast bowler is one who bowls consistently at over 90 miles (145 km) per hour. A cricket pitch is just 22 yards (20 metres) long. That gives batsmen around half a second to pick up the trajectory of the ball, decide which shot to play, and then to execute it. As if that were not hard enough, the best bowlers not only get the ball to swing laterally through the air, but also to deviate off the pitch. In that time the batsman must make up his mind whether to defend the ball, attack it, leave it to pass the stumps or, if it is aimed at his chin, take evasive action.

When playing a cross-batted shot, such as a pull or a cut, the timing needed to connect with the ball seems impossible. According to a study in Nature Neuroscience, “the batsman must judge the vertical position of the ball to within 3cm (limited by the bat's width) and its time of arrival to within 3 milliseconds (limited by the time the ball takes to pass the effective percussion zone of the bat).”

as a striker instinct is the main weapon if you have that it puts you way out in front in my day i never thought i just did and it paid dividends , nuhui anticipated it in a way when he chased the ball but it was a scuff whichever way you look at it the balls trajectory shows it so , a clean volley would have flown netwards , the only way that his volley could have happen'd was if his foot struck the top of the ball forcing it downwards into the floor to make it bounce,he did well to get there and to make contact but it was bloomin lucky ,

Aye, I've seen about Ronny and how he sees opponents weight shifting so he knows how to go past them. Pretty interesting, and slightly scary too. Super human like.

Still, I maintain no player could process that amount of information in that space of time.

Easily

How long do you think a racing driver has to react to unforeseen events?

The brain is capable of processing and executing an enormous amount of information per second