Liam bridcutt

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Glad someone else thinks this , miles off championship standard

Semedo is lague one standard , a true battler but just lacks that xtra touch of class or speed.Has been a good servant but we need better to move upwards.

People love to hate Semedo for the fact he isn't a luxury player. If you took Semedo out of the middle i am afraid we would be overrun even more than we already have been. Hes not miles of the pace and isn't a bad Championship player. he does a job that no one else could do and without him i would expect us to concede more than we have done. He needs the creative support which hopefully a player like Mcgugan can provide

It's alright saying he's good defensively but can we afford to have such a limited player , i love the guys passion don't get me wrong i just think the defensive strength he does have doesn't justify keeping him in the side when you take into account how little he offers going forward , and after all we need to attack as a team not with individuals

I agree, Semedo is there to break oppositions play up, and he does it relatively well, he may not be a top of the league Championship defensive midfielder, but we are not a top of the league championship club.

More concerning is the amount of times our wingers give the ball away, think balls to it and leave our full backs playing against two attackers.

Its out supply into the box that needs addressing more than anything else, imho.

Edited by BD2OWL

Classic case of unsung hero We'd miss him big time if he wasn't there

We'd be higher in the league, and we wouldn't be talking about how we can't score goals. He limits the rest of the team because he will not accept his offensive responsibilities.

We'd be higher in the league, and we wouldn't be talking about how we can't score goals. He limits the rest of the team because he will not accept his offensive responsibilities.

Makelele, Batty, Masherano, Lucas, Cattermole, i could go on and on and on, 

but all of them LIMIT THE REST OF THE TEAM to a certain extent, with their lack of OFFENSIVE RESPONSIBILITIES, 

their Managers know that, but they still play them, 

How hard is it to see DEFENSIVE midfielders are a big part of the game, always have been always will be. and we happen to have a really good one at the minute, not that you'd know that reading this thread!

90% of the time, Semedo does not, and should not, have offensive responsibilities beyond laying it off to the fullbacks, wingers, or more creative central midfielders. Those who think our defensive record would be as strong as it is without him are massively underrating his contribution.

Semedo's keeping his part of the bargain with his solid defensive displays; it's our more creative players who need to step up their game.

I really don't want to come across as a Semedo hater i love the guys passion and i do agree his defensive work is brilliant , but he does a job in the way the current side is set up but can we move forward with this set up ? We defend as a team and we also need to attack as a team and Semedo is extremely limited in that area

If Hutchinson is fit Semedo doesn't get a game especially if McGugan stays but even still you would hope Lee regains form