Offside.

The linesman couldn't know which player the ball was intended for.

But hes not affecting the defenders positioning hence not interfering with play

Of course he was in play....

Marginally off, but defending on the halfway line, with slow defenders is asking for trouble

Personally just never liked defending high and relying on offsides / linesmen

Agreed. Depending on the incompetent officials at S6 is asking for trouble

I watched the stream at half time and both were off, the goal scorer - twice! When he squared it in the box he was in front of the defender by a country mile. Terrible defending from Palmer (no chasing back),however had no help from Hope down that wing for both goals.. Need to send hope back..

I watched the stream at half time and both were off, the goal scorer - twice! When he squared it in the box he was in front of the defender by a country mile. Terrible defending from Palmer (no chasing back),however had no help from Hope down that wing for both goals.. Need to send hope back..

Thats what i thought i saw. If it was a square pass, onside. But the ball went forward

But he was behind the ball passer therefore the ball didnt play forward, therefore onside