Madine or Lavery?

Really don't understand this point of view re. Lavery. He looks by far our best forward (even when shoved out wide). What on earth is to be gained by loaning him out again?

Game time, it's better for his development if he is playing regularly As we regularly play with just one up, a role I don't believe Lavery can play, he isn't going to get much game time.

From what we're seeing bit by bit of Lavery, whilst he shows some rabbit in the headlights at times... who wouldn't let nervousness creep in now and again at his age.

However, as much as I'll get lynched for this I would prefer to stick with Lavery given that he doesn't have any baggage as it were. We all know Madine's past, he has another chance here but I don't think it would serve Madine or the club any good by putting him in the playing 11 this season.

Put him out on loan, let him get his bearings back in the game in a competitive sense but without the pressure and then let him loose in pre season with enough time behind him.

Then hopefully opposing players not getting in his ear all the time = more than likely a sending off which wouldn't help matters either.

I think slow and steady, if he's to server the club and himself much better in the future and for Gray to find that missing ingredient in his game, which we all know is well documented.